Marlins 2017-2018 Offseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
    Yeah I feel like any team would love to have Piscotty including the Bay Area teams.
    good on the cardinals for trying to accommodate that too. bigger than baseball. they have a plethora of OF's right now anyways but still.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
      I would really like to keep Piscotty, but hey family is family if that is truly an issue. Yelich, Piscotty, Realmuto on a buyout, and Anderson is half your lineup for 5 years probably and that's a pretty decent place to start in the field. Flaherty and Alcantara would be nice to add the pitching stable.

I don't know who those Orioles pitchers are, but Scott and any of those other 3 seem about right for Straily. That would be fine. Get the pitchers, don't need the outfielder.
      Well they actually would prefer an OF/Bat for Straily. They are seriously considering trading Yelich with Atlanta frontrunner right now. FO thinks if they do trade Yelich/Prado to Atlanta they would be getting at least 3 arms. So the OF would be DD/?/? and they would have about 10 pitchers

Asked for Austin Hays in deal but Baltimore said not likely

Comment

• Is the Cardinals preference Piscotty rather than O'Neill? I might prefer O'Neill, honestly. Seems like he has some serious power potential, and that's something Miami will be lacking after dealing Stanton and Ozuna, and without a whole lot of power bats in the system.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
          Is the Cardinals preference Piscotty rather than O'Neill? I might prefer O'Neill, honestly. Seems like he has some serious power potential, and that's something Miami will be lacking after dealing Stanton and Ozuna, and without a whole lot of power bats in the system.
          Marlins preference. St Louis wants Ozuna badly-aside from a few guys Marlins could pretty much ask for whatever they want. They seem to care more about getting pitching than bats tho

Comment

• Well the issue is trading Yelich is probably the wrong decision (especially to the Braves), but yes if they trade him, they would need outfielders obviously

Cashing out Ozuna, Straily, Bour, and Castro is going to bring a lot, and they'll get more this deadline when likely Dietrich, Conley, Urena, and Barraclough get shipped out to contenders. Also Realmuto if he won't sign an extension.

I can refrain judgment until we see the packages coming back, but I really hate the idea of moving Yelich.

Comment

• So would the Marlins be just getting the two pitchers and Piscotty or would there be other minor leaguers coming back as well?

- - - - - - - - - -

Man those pitcher of Baltimore's walk a ton of hitters. I have to believe once a pitcher or two signs they should be able to do better for Straily.

Comment

• Originally posted by flamarlins93 View Post
                So would the Marlins be just getting the two pitchers and Piscotty or would there be other minor leaguers coming back as well?

- - - - - - - - - -

Man those pitcher of Baltimore's walk a ton of hitters. I have to believe once a pitcher or two signs they should be able to do better for Straily.
                Agreed, that baltimore deal doesnt really interest me at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                  Agreed, that baltimore deal doesnt really interest me at all.
                  They do NOT have a deal. Baltimore called on Straily and we said we want Austin Hays(ML REady OF). Baltimore said Not likely but how about Cedric Mullins or Tanner Scott AND 1 or 2 others to which we said we will get back to u

They are talking to Baltimore,Milwaukee,Minnesota and as soon as big name arms sign probably 3 or 4 others will call on him

Comment

• We're gonna have a serious lack of bats once we trade Ozuna and if we trade Yelich. Granted it's year 1 of a rebuild and we would be getting high picks for the next few years, but still. That's my only concern with a Yelich deal. Id be excited with the group of prospects we could potentially get but aside from that id be concerned with our hitting prospects.

It's kind of crazy how much pitching we've added to the organization since last years draft if this Ozuna to the cardinals trade goes through.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                    They do NOT have a deal. Baltimore called on Straily and we said we want Austin Hays(ML REady OF). Baltimore said Not likely but how about Cedric Mullins or Tanner Scott AND 1 or 2 others to which we said we will get back to u

They are talking to Baltimore,Milwaukee,Minnesota and as soon as big name arms sign probably 3 or 4 others will call on him
                    Should have said offer, not deal. Those 1st guys in the deal dont really interest me all that much. Also, prospects who have issues throwing strikes are my least favorite thing to acquire in trades. Feel like we've had way too many guys that never figure that out, at least while they are still in our organization (Andrew Miller).

- - - - - - - - - -

If we could get Hays for Straily id be ecstatic. Power hitting OF would be a need for us after the next few weeks...

Comment

• Marlins would be go crazy thats why they asked for him. Once the FA market goes Straily will be getting alot of hits from teams

I didn't consider the Baltimore talk to be real-I just mentioned it because Frisaro said it at 9PM like it was deep talks or something. People knew this at 9AM which is why I said it in the morning

They will be looking for college fast moving bats in the next 2 drafts

Drew Mendoza FSU should be Top 3 Pick in 2019(when we have a pick that early)

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                        Marlins would be go crazy thats why they asked for him. Once the FA market goes Straily will be getting alot of hits from teams

I didn't consider the Baltimore talk to be real-I just mentioned it because Frisaro said it at 9PM like it was deep talks or something. People knew this at 9AM which is why I said it in the morning
                        maybe offering a guy like Bearclaw to strengthen the offer would do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                          maybe offering a guy like Bearclaw to strengthen the offer would do it.
                          Doubtful they want RP. They have been trying to move their RP guys cause they have to many as is

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                            Doubtful they want RP. They have been trying to move their RP guys cause they have to many as is
                            true. Minnesota just signed pineda but he is still recovering from TJ so I wonder if theyd still be in the market for straily. Their system is promising, and there are a bunch of nice guys in the Milwaukee system too.

Comment

• Man, there have been a ton of really bad reliever deals signed in the past few days. Will never understand signing a reliever to a multi year deal unless they are dominant and most of these guys are the epitome of average

Comment

• Mets signed Swarzak to a 2 year $14 million deal. Ziegler for 1 year $9 million doesn’t look so bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X