No announcement yet.

Marlins 2017-2018 Offseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m really going to miss Hunter Cervenka. So many great baseball memories.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
      I’m really going to miss Hunter Cervenka. So many great baseball memories.
      Didn't he not get anyone out in his first appearance?

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
        Didn't he not get anyone out in his first appearance?
        he didnt get anyone out in most of his appearances.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
          he didnt get anyone out in most of his appearances.
          Good point.

Rockies agreed to a 1 year deal with Cargo, Royals did the same with Moustakas (6.5M, much less than the QO he turned down).

Bautista reportedly has a few offers in hand, supposedly we're interested.

Comment

• I think Bautista would be a great addition. Go with Dietrich, Maybin, and Jose in RF as the OF and trade Bautista and Dietrich at the deadline or so.

Comment

• Heyman says

•SD are one of many teams that made a big play for Christian Yelich.

Mentioned this a few times that if SD got Hosmer they were gonna hit Yelich hard.(We traded him and got a very nice deal before they could)

Deal I heard discussed was Urias/Renfroe and some SP Prospects but SD never would commit

- - - - - - - - - -

Oakland signed Lucroy. Means if any team wants/needs a C they have to call for JT now.

Some talk was Oakland was gonna trade for Wieters then Washington was gonna make a big play for JT. Something to watch over next week or 2

Comment

• Lucroy cost Oakland

1/6.5 mill

JT is a bargain

Comment

• Man there are some quality veterans signing for really low amounts.

Comment

• Fangraphs Top 29 Marlins prospects - https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/top-...miami-marlins/

Comment

• Anthony Alford who Toronto kept trying to trade us in every offer this offseason is HURT again!!Thank god we didn't take any of their offers with him in it. Tons of talent but can't stay healthy

I will say 1 thing since Jeff Loria said he was selling the team we have made very solid/winning trades. I think we should have gotten atleast another mid level prospect in Ozuna deal but all the rest we did very well. In years past we would have been raped by every team

Comment

• Their system review isn't bad. It just goes along with everything we've been saying - they probably will have a solid 4-5 starting position players and a few bench options, maybe 2-3 of them become 3+ WAR high end guys like Brinson, Harrison, or Diaz. The pitchers are all shaky with starting, but holy cow that bullpen is going to be sick in 2 years when they figure out who the best 8 guys are there.

It is a hope and prayer they get a # 2/3 SP out of Alcantara, and get three 3/4 types out of Urena, Neidert, D. Peters, J. Garcia, C. Smith, and the Lee Stone all-stars (Richards, Meyer, P. Lopez). They are in great shape if that happens and its targeting 2021 if not once Rogers/Garret/Cabrera/18 and 19 picks sort themselves out.

Comment

• Braves signed Anibal Sanchez to a minor league deal.

Comment

• Sad the Marlins definitively "win" the trade this way, but David Phelps needs a Tommy John. Guy can't stay healthy.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                              Sad the Marlins definitively "win" the trade this way, but David Phelps needs a Tommy John. Guy can't stay healthy.
                              That sucks. He's good when healthy, but he always seems to have some issue.

On a related note, Neidert is starting today's game with Turner out with an illness.

Comment

• Nicolino claimed by the Reds.

Watch him become Hand now.

Comment

Working...
                                X