No announcement yet.

Miami Marlins 2016 Offseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kinda wish we would have went after Bautista if he was willing to take a 1 year deal. I know he wanted to stay in Toronto but i would have been quite ok with that move.

Also it really pisses me off that Hech is still on the team. He could be ozzie smith defensively, his bat can not be an everyday guy in an NL lineup. Between him and the pitcher the bottom of our lineup is continuously a black hole.

Has Mike Napoli signed yet?

Comment

• Where would Bautista play?

No, I don't think Napoli has signed yet. There's talk of him returning to the Rangers.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
        Where would Bautista play?

No, I don't think Napoli has signed yet. There's talk of him returning to the Rangers.
        The obvious move the entire offseason has been to move Ozuna for a SP. Napoli would be a great signing for us. 0 chance we do it. But he is just what we need offensively right now.

Comment

• Signed Brandon Cunniff to minor league deal. Has decent minor league numbers-Cunniff was a Marlins pick in 2010 that we released(nothing new for us) for no reason in 2011.

Also we signed another(think we are at 4/5 this offseason all older than KJ Woods was) power project-he will wash out but I don't understand why we release guys at 19 then sign the same guy who is already 23/24??

Don't promote guys,release guys under who are under 21 and sign old guys with NO future to fill out the system-just goes to show u that u can bring in new guys like DelPiano but its the same crap

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
          The obvious move the entire offseason has been to move Ozuna for a SP. Napoli would be a great signing for us. 0 chance we do it. But he is just what we need offensively right now.
          Napoli,Joey Bats,Trumbo would all be great but the FO has no desire to spend 10+million for a platoon at 1B. They love Bour against Righties and no real spot in the OF. I mean as soon as the Big Hurt gets injured in August again they will but right now no

Smart play was Ozuna for SP and a minor league OF then sign a power bat instead they went for super pen

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
            Signed Brandon Cunniff to minor league deal. Has decent minor league numbers-Cunniff was a Marlins pick in 2010 that we released(nothing new for us) for no reason in 2011.

Also we signed another(think we are at 4/5 this offseason all older than KJ Woods was) power project-he will wash out but I don't understand why we release guys at 19 then sign the same guy who is already 23/24??

Don't promote guys,release guys under who are under 21 and sign old guys with NO future to fill out the system-just goes to show u that u can bring in new guys like DelPiano but its the same crap

- - - - - - - - - -

Napoli,Joey Bats,Trumbo would all be great but the FO has no desire to spend 10+million for a platoon at 1B. They love Bour against Righties and no real spot in the OF. I mean as soon as the Big Hurt gets injured in August again they will but right now no
            It's so absurd to me that we can continue to get entire seasons ruined due to injury for star players and yet continually neglect to sign depth in the offseason. No other team in the big leagues has entire seasons ruined like us when people in our lineup go down. The cardinals have won world series in years where there ace has gone down, and we go on huge tail spins in August every year cause stanton, Ozuna, Bour, Yelich, etc happen to go down for a month. Even if Bour is the best 1b in the league against RHP, it is incredibly fucking stupid to rely on him to not only stay healthy, but be productive against LHP when the perfect platoon option is right there for the taking. NOt only that, but even if Bour is great, having a guy like Napoli off the bench for spot starts/pinch hitting would be huge for our always retread-filled bench. We have no consistent slugging after Stanton. This FO drives me bat shit crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
              It's so absurd to me that we can continue to get entire seasons ruined due to injury for star players and yet continually neglect to sign depth in the offseason. No other team in the big leagues has entire seasons ruined like us when people in our lineup go down. The cardinals have won world series in years where there ace has gone down, and we go on huge tail spins in August every year cause stanton, Ozuna, Bour, Yelich, etc happen to go down for a month. Even if Bour is the best 1b in the league against RHP, it is incredibly fucking stupid to rely on him to not only stay healthy, but be productive against LHP when the perfect platoon option is right there for the taking. NOt only that, but even if Bour is great, having a guy like Napoli off the bench for spot starts/pinch hitting would be huge for our always retread-filled bench. We have no consistent slugging after Stanton. This FO drives me bat shit crazy.
              Well they would probably love that but Napoli's price has been mentioned as 7-10 million a season. U can't pay that for spot starts and PH-well top teams could we cant

Comment

Hey, I'm right there with you!

Comment

Well they would probably love that but Napoli's price has been mentioned as 7-10 million a season. U can't pay that for spot starts and PH-well top teams could we cant
                  he will get at least 300 AB's. That is well worth 7-10 million as a guy who will put up a .800+ OPS to any major league team.

Comment

• Looks like the Marlins have signed Brandon Cunniff to a minor league deal. Second time with the Marlins they originally drafted him.

Comment

• Next up for Miami

Power Bat/Platoon for Bour-Chris Carter and Mark Reynolds

For the ones who need sources
                      Jerry Crasnick ‏@jcrasnick 2h2 hours ago

The #Marlins would like to add a RH-hitting 1B to complement Justin Bour. They've discussed Mark Reynolds and Chris Carter, among others.

- - - - - - - - - -

New Coaches for 17

NOLA Arnie Beyeler
                      Jax Randy Ready
                      Jupiter Kevin Randel
                      Gboro Todd Pratt
                      Batavia Mike Jacobs

Comment

• That's not the Mike Jacobs I'm thinking of is it?

Chris Carter would be great.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                          That's not the Mike Jacobs I'm thinking of is it?

Chris Carter would be great.
                          Meet Batavia Manager Mike Jacobs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_J...first_baseman)

He would be but likely we are looking at Reynolds OR 2/3 guys who can crush lefties on minor league deals and let them battle it out(Tyler Moore already in)

Comment

• Just sign fucking Napoli. Be a major league team for like a day. Or at least pretend.

Comment

Just sign fucking Napoli. Be a major league team for like a day. Or at least pretend.
                              Ya come on spend 10 million for a platoon/bench guy!!! Show the league money means nothing

Comment

Ya come on spend 10 million for a platoon/bench guy!!! Show the league money means nothing
                                To be fair, we all know that he'd only be a bench player for a week before the inevitable half the lineup gets injured and he'll play every day.

Comment

Working...
                                X