Marlins Acquire Andrew Cashner and Colin Rea from Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
    So is this a separate trade Rea for Castillo? I have a hard time believing MLB doesn't have anything to say about this since, the only way the Padres would do this deal is if they're accepting some culpability of knowing that something was wrong with Rea, but then did the Marlins not do their due diligence?
    That's the confusing thing,we our known as the team who goes crazy over physicals BUT SD might have been happy getting Naylor and Capps for Cashner and both teams just dropped the issue

Comment

• Imagine MLB would be fine with the teams solving it themselves. Which they clearly did.

Comment

• Yeah I think technically it's a new trade sending Rea to SD and Castillo back to us.

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGG View Post
          Imagine MLB would be fine with the teams solving it themselves. Which they clearly did.
          I guess if both sides are happy, that's all that matters.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
            Yeah I think technically it's a new trade sending Rea to SD and Castillo back to us.
            Yep offical too

Miami Marlins ‏@Marlins · 18m18 minutes ago  Miami, FL

OFFICIAL: We've traded RHP Colin Rea to San Diego in exchange for RHP prospect Luis Castillo.

Comment

• Honestly it does make me a little more ok with the trade now, but you would think that just Naylor would've been enough to get Cashner. I don't know.

- - - - - - - - - -

Colin Rea, lowest ERA in Marlins history.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                Honestly it does make me a little more ok with the trade now, but you would think that just Naylor would've been enough to get Cashner. I don't know.
                They had been asking for Naylor and Castillo for about 2 weeks before we made it

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                  They had been asking for Naylor and Castillo for about 2 weeks before we made it
                  I don't doubt it.

Comment

• Looks like Jeff flipped out and accused Preller of selling him damaged goods,which is never a good thing around baseball even more when u are a guy who is rebuilding so instead of causing issues they worked it out.

SD got a prospect they wanted and Capps and we got Castillo back

Comment

• feel like if the Padres were innocent here, this may not have happened so quickly

Comment

• Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
                        What if they trade him back for Chris Paddack?
                        oh my god this would make me so happy

- - - - - - - - - -

meh, boo at just castillo.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                          I know it is, and it's ridiculous!

The point is $7.15 million (less than that at this point in the season) shouldn't matter to a major league team.
                          But this owner is not ML, and therefore his front office behaves that way....after this Cubs series, you see the flaw is still the bullpen. Why is Mike Hill still here ? He maybe is worse than Beinfest.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                          While sadly that's probably true, but that's pathetic and shouldn't be how a franchise is run.
                          It's painfully obvious at this point, MLB doesn't care about this franchise enough to get Loria out. They are satisfied to let him sit down in this little corner of the baseball world, and throw him a bone like the ASG to get him to keep quiet. It's that darn pesky communist players union (sarcasm) that ruins it all when every few years they complain Loria isn't spending enough.

Comment

• MLB is now investigating SD. Nothing should come of it since Preller made amends already

Reason why Fish were so mad was this

Olney explains that Rea informed the Miami staff that he had been treated for elbow discomfort in San Diego, which Miami then asserted had not been disclosed.

Comment

• there were complaints about pomeranz as well

Comment

Working...
                              X