Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Does Launching Hechavarria Net Us in the Current Market?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Rosenthal about Hech

The Marlins would deal Adeiny Hechavarria and replace him at shortstop with Miguel Rojas if they could get a top starter like Chris Archer of the Rays in return, Rosenthal says. From this vantage point, that sounds like a lot to ask for a shortstop who has hit .238/.274/.336 this season (although Hechavarria is a stellar defender), and one would think Hechavarria would have limited value in a deal for an ace, even as part of a package. Rosenthal unsurprisingly notes that the Rays aren’t interested in trading Archer for a package that has Hechavarria as its centerpiece. The Marlins are also very interested in Archer’s fellow Rays starters Jake Odorizzi and Matt Moore, although their weak minor league system poses difficulties in lining up a trade.

Much like I said they tried already and DD has more value to teams then Hech- they offered a package to TB Hech,Paddack,Urena,pick,and MORE (I know they don't even have the pick yet BUT when they get it they can trade it for some 26 yr old Rookie player as soon as they get it)before the Rodney trade and were countered with some crazy ones that involved Yelich or Ozuna.They smartly said NO. Then they discussed a deal surrounding DD and a lesser arm(Erasmo Ramirez/Moore)and a Nick Franklin or Taylor Motter and told them they would consider it but wanted to shop around first. Other words they don't think Ramirez or Moore is better than what they have now

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
    I understand Dietrich has a shit ton of value to AL teams but to me he also has a huge value with us too. I don't want him in any deal. He is a quality bat at several positions its hard to find quality bats at
    Exactly why teams like him more. U can get a Rojas,Ciriaco(like we did) anywhere which is what Hech pretty much is but much harder to get a guy who can actually hit
    Last edited by tjfla; 07-16-2016, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
      From Rosenthal about Hech

The Marlins would deal Adeiny Hechavarria and replace him at shortstop with Miguel Rojas if they could get a top starter like Chris Archer of the Rays in return, Rosenthal says. From this vantage point, that sounds like a lot to ask for a shortstop who has hit .238/.274/.336 this season (although Hechavarria is a stellar defender), and one would think Hechavarria would have limited value in a deal for an ace, even as part of a package. Rosenthal unsurprisingly notes that the Rays aren’t interested in trading Archer for a package that has Hechavarria as its centerpiece. The Marlins are also very interested in Archer’s fellow Rays starters Jake Odorizzi and Matt Moore, although their weak minor league system poses difficulties in lining up a trade.

Much like I said they tried already and DD has more value to teams then Hech- they offered a package to TB Hech,Paddack,Urena,pick,and MORE (I know they don't even have the pick yet BUT when they get it they can trade it for some 26 yr old Rookie player as soon as they get it)before the Rodney trade and were countered with some crazy ones that involved Yelich or Ozuna.They smartly said NO. Then they discussed a deal surrounding DD and a lesser arm(Erasmo Ramirez/Moore)and a Nick Franklin or Taylor Motter and told them they would consider it but wanted to shop around first. Other words they don't think Ramirez or Moore is better than what they have now

- - - - - - - - - -

Exactly why teams like him more. U can get a Rojas,Ciriaco(like we did) anywhere which is what Hech pretty much is but much harder to get a guy who can actually hit
      then we don't need to subtract him. he is a huge part of the lineup. We can give prospects rather than him. Who? Idk, but there are ways of getting a SP without getting rid of Dietrich.

Comment

then we don't need to subtract him. he is a huge part of the lineup. We can give prospects rather than him. Who? Idk, but there are ways of getting a SP without getting rid of Dietrich.
        U realize that from July 28 to playoffs,he will be on the bench right? Will get a start at 2B,3B,1B against Righties but otherwise just a guy who can hit on the bench

What prospects are u giving up? We have 1 Top Prospects(Naylor) and 3-5 decent ones and SD set the bar. #14 Prospect in baseball gets u a 27 yr old controllable arm what do u think the #100 Prospect will get U. The fact is we don't have prospects to trade.

Sounds like u are looking to trade Naylor and a prospect or 2 for a Rich Hill Rental instead of DD and more for a controllable arm

Man u are going to have a rough trade deadline-your 2 favorite players DD and Telis might be gone and no one might realize it but u!!!
        Last edited by tjfla; 07-16-2016, 06:14 PM.

Comment

U realize that from July 28 to playoffs,he will be on the bench right? Will get a start at 2B,3B,1B against Righties but otherwise just a guy who can hit on the bench

What prospects are u giving up? We have 1 Top Prospects(Naylor) and 3-5 decent ones and SD set the bar. #14 Prospect in baseball gets u a 27 yr old controllable arm what do u think the #100 Prospect will get U. The fact is we don't have prospects to trade.

Sounds like u are looking to trade Naylor and a prospect or 2 for a Rich Hill Rental instead of DD and more for a controllable arm
          and its my opinion that he shouldn't be on the bench when Dee comes back. Hech should go to the bench. He's been awful all year. We don't need to force a hole in our lineup because he is a better defensive player. Dietrich's impact on the team offensively greatly outweighs Hech's defensive ability. His one spectacular play a week doesnt change the fact that he is and has been a black hole offensively for 4 years.

I don't think we need a major arm and we do have some pieces that other teams would like. Lots of bullpen arms, Flores, anderson, Telis, Luis Castillo.

Or just trade Dee.

Comment

and its my opinion that he shouldn't be on the bench when Dee comes back. Hech should go to the bench. He's been awful all year. We don't need to force a hole in our lineup because he is a better defensive player. Dietrich's impact on the team offensively greatly outweighs Hech's defensive ability. His one spectacular play a week doesnt change the fact that he is and has been a black hole offensively for 4 years.

I don't think we need a major arm and we do have some pieces that other teams would like. Lots of bullpen arms, Flores, anderson, Telis, Luis Castillo.

Or just trade Dee.
            Dee can't play SS. He tried in LA and failed which is why the article says Rojas would play SS.

U know DD was a SS in college right? U should start the movement where he goes back there HAHA. Anderson,Telis,Flores are decent prospects nothing great and bullpen arms grow on trees

We don't need a 4th arm huh? Hope u watching the game tonight-our #4 is pitching hopefully he gets thru 4 innings tonight

U must have loved Jorge Cantu? Guy could hit and everyone thought tons of value we trade him and get Evan Reed and Omar Poveda in return. Just cause u like a guy doesn't mean he has value around the league
            Last edited by tjfla; 07-16-2016, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Dee can't play SS. He tried in LA and failed which is why the article says Rojas would play SS.

U know DD was a SS in college right? U should start the movement where he goes back there HAHA. Anderson,Telis,Flores are decent prospects nothing great and bullpen arms grow on trees

We don't need a 4th arm huh? Hope u watching the game tonight-our #4 is pitching hopefully he gets thru 4 innings tonight
              How many plays realistically will a SS get a game that will be made by Hech and not Dee? Maybe some harder plays obviously, but I'm confident Dee can at least play the position without making a fool out of himself.

And like I've said having Dietrich's bat in the lineup is more important than Hech's occasional nice defensive play.

Jorge Cantu was traded a year late. Had we traded him at the correct time and not waited until we fell out of contention a year later in a year he was struggling we would have gotten a nice return for him.

I never said we dont need an arm, learn to comprehend what you read. I said we don't need a major top of the rotation guy. If we can get a 3 or a 4 or someone who can just go out and get deeper into games and have around a 3.75-4 ERA is already a huge improvement on Nicolino. Just a guy who can be a back end of the rotation pitcher who can push Koehler into the #5 spot into the rotation where he belongs. A guy like Ervin Santana wouldn't cost a major prospect and would be a huge improvement. Improving in the margins needs to be the priority here without giving up a huge prospect.

- - - - - - - - - -

And again I think the move here to make is to trade Dee. He Can;t play in the playoffs anyway and if a team doesnt mind the suspension he just had, and all accounts of Dee as a person make it likely that a lot of teams will be ok with that, we will be able to get good value for him. Especially cause his deal we signed in the offseason is kind of a bargain if he is the player he was last year.

To me, last year was a bit of an aberration and id be completely ok with Dee being traded as part of a package for a pitcher.

Comment

We traded for Pedro Ciriaco 2B/SS (All Defense)
                Toady we signed Cole Figueroa UT
                Already have Austin Nola 2B/SS (All Defense)
                Already have Robert Andino SS
                Already have Elliot Soto 2B/SS (All Defense)

- - - - - - - - - -

How many plays realistically will a SS get a game that will be made by Hech and not Dee? Maybe some harder plays obviously, but I'm confident Dee can at least play the position without making a fool out of himself.

And like I've said having Dietrich's bat in the lineup is more important than Hech's occasional nice defensive play.

Jorge Cantu was traded a year late. Had we traded him at the correct time and not waited until we fell out of contention a year later in a year he was struggling we would have gotten a nice return for him.

I never said we dont need an arm, learn to comprehend what you read. I said we don't need a major top of the rotation guy. If we can get a 3 or a 4 or someone who can just go out and get deeper into games and have around a 3.75-4 ERA is already a huge improvement on Nicolino. Just a guy who can be a back end of the rotation pitcher who can push Koehler into the #5 spot into the rotation where he belongs. A guy like Ervin Santana wouldn't cost a major prospect and would be a huge improvement. Improving in the margins needs to be the priority here without giving up a huge prospect.

- - - - - - - - - -

And again I think the move here to make is to trade Dee. He Can;t play in the playoffs anyway and if a team doesnt mind the suspension he just had, and all accounts of Dee as a person make it likely that a lot of teams will be ok with that, we will be able to get good value for him. Especially cause his deal we signed in the offseason is kind of a bargain if he is the player he was last year.

To me, last year was a bit of an aberration and id be completely ok with Dee being traded as part of a package for a pitcher.
                I can comprehend but why do u go out and get another #4/5 guy when we have 6 of them already in the system and in the playoffs u only need 4 starters? Correct Ervin Santana could be gotten cheap IF we had an owner who was willing to add cash. Santana is owed 13.5 mil Next Year,13.5 mil the following Year and possibly 14 mil in 2019. Our owner wants cheap controllable arms which teams want stuff for(See Cosart trade) or who will be a FA next year. He will ask the other team to include cash which means the B+ Prospect he might be worth now becomes am A Prospect

Comment

We don't have 6 #4/5 guys. We have about 6 #7/8 starters. By comparison adding a #4 would be huge. I didn't know Santana was owed that much, I was just referring to a lesser guy who wouldn't require subtracting from the current major league team. Thats my overall point here. We can disagree though lol

Comment

Or just trade Dee.
                    Agree. You also have to consider the fact that Dee is ineligible for the playoffs. So let's say he does play from July 28-playoffs and plays well, with Dietrich gone. Then we get to the playoffs and have neither player. Or conversely, if Dee plays poorly and Dietrich is traded, then you still have neither in the playoffs.

Comment

Assuming he stays healthy and after seeing this current market for starting pitchers (granted, the offseason is a different time), what would we be able to get from a team for him if he is not going to re-sign here.

If we could get a haul like Moncada, Devers, and a pitching prospect from the Sox I would highly consider pulling the trigger on it.

Comment

Assuming he stays healthy and after seeing this current market for starting pitchers (granted, the offseason is a different time), what would we be able to get from a team for him if he is not going to re-sign here.

If we could get a haul like Moncada, Devers, and a pitching prospect from the Sox I would highly consider pulling the trigger on it.
                        Who are you referring to?

Comment

Jose Fernandez or Marcell Ozuna would be my guess.

Comment

Yes, Jose, my bad.

Comment

You do everything you can to keep Fernandez, and this is something that's bigger than wins and bringing in talent. I think what they do with Fernandez affects the future sustainability of this franchise in a big way.

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                                You do everything you can to keep Fernandez, and this is something that's bigger than wins and bringing in talent. I think what they do with Fernandez affects the future sustainability of this franchise in a big way.
                                I agree with Nick. I think Fernandez is one that you attempt to keep, and even if he doesn't sign, still keep him as long as possible. Trading him - especially now in the midst of the club's first relevancy this late in the season for the first time in years - while it would likely net you a huge haul, would devastate the already fragile and fickle fanbase, not to mention the team itself....you think the players would react well if in the midst of a playoff hunt, their ace was shipped out?

That said, though I still think you keep him, Fernandez is one that would still have tremendous value in the offseason, and even future seasons.

Comment

Working...
                                X