No announcement yet.

Trade Deadline Watch 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Yelich, Gordon, and even Stanton for a few more years are guys that must stay and are gonna be huge values. Especially Yelich, that deal we got him to sign is so team friendly its unreal. The opportunity to put together an incredible young, team controlled team if we were to get Betts + Moncada or something like that and then trade Ozuna for a pitcher. How many 3/4's are better than Yelich/Stanton already?

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
      I think Yelich, Gordon, and even Stanton for a few more years are guys that must stay and are gonna be huge values. Especially Yelich, that deal we got him to sign is so team friendly its unreal. The opportunity to put together an incredible young, team controlled team if we were to get Betts + Moncada or something like that and then trade Ozuna for a pitcher. How many 3/4's are better than Yelich/Stanton already?
      Well if u get a young OF in Jose deal,Stanton pretty much has to go. The thing is in fire sales u dont shoot for specific positions,u get the best guys and go from there. See what SD and Atlanta are doing right now-no specific just talent

The only reason Moncada is mentioned is everyone in baseball knows Jeff wanted him but didnt wanna pay him. That plus prolly best prospect around

Comment

• Would MLB really allow another evident fire sale though?

Comment

• Source: #Marlins acquire #Braves Hunter Cervenka.

Retweeted by Jon Heyman

- - - - - - - - - -

Rosenthal just confirmed

Comment

• Joe Frisaro reporting the full trade:
            #Marlins LHP Hunter Cervenka acquired from #Braves for minor leaguers INF Anfernee Seymour & LHP Michael Mader.

- - - - - - - - - -

And the Marlins have officially announced it. Cool.

Comment

• Soooo...waiver wire trading confuses me. This guy had to pass through waivers, right? Why didn't someone pick him up?

Comment

• He didn't have to pass through, we could have claimed at which point Atlanta could either 1) take him off waivers and keep him or 2) trade him to us and only us

- - - - - - - - - -

But yeah this shit is still really weird

Comment

• I like it

Comment

• We have a terrible farm and we keep trading more out of it. Amazing.

While I get the playoff push aspect, when this team needs to compete next year and the year after, there's gonna be trouble. When injuries/underperformance happens and they realize there's nothing in the farm to cover that up, we'll be in some serious trouble.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Comment

• yo, this dude is terrible

Comment

• dim or this guy we traded for?

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by nny View Post
                        He didn't have to pass through, we could have claimed at which point Atlanta could either 1) take him off waivers and keep him or 2) trade him to us and only us

- - - - - - - - - -

But yeah this shit is still really weird
                        but we don't get a chance to claim him until the teams with worse records than us pass on him, correct?

I'm imagining a scenario where Atlanta is having to call up the what 17-18 teams ahead of us and being like, hey guys we're trying to trade this guy to Miami don't be dicks.

Comment

• the dude we traded for

apparently he can get lefties out and that's about it. we'll see if they use him correctly, I doubt it

Comment

• Yeah his minor league numbers are pretty pathetic, but you have to be impressed by his splits against lefties this year at least.

Comment

• Another head scratcher from us.

We didn't give up anything great in Seymour(speed only) and Mader(decent but long way off) but is Cervenka any better than Ege,Lazo or even Nappo?

Braves keep adding talent while our GM Jeff Loria sorry mean Mike Hill looks foolish again

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by dim View Post
                              We have a terrible farm and we keep trading more out of it. Amazing.

While I get the playoff push aspect, when this team needs to compete next year and the year after, there's gonna be trouble. When injuries/underperformance happens and they realize there's nothing in the farm to cover that up, we'll be in some serious trouble.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
                              To be fair the 2 guys we dealt aren't gonna make the system any worse. They actually have tons of guys to fill the spots(benefit of taking 25 guys who are over 21 already) the issue is they don't move any of the guys up instead they will sign 26 yr olds to play Low A ball

- - - - - - - - - -

One brightside of the trade tho is now there is a 99.9% chance Mike Dunn is gone next year

Would say 100% but we all know Cervenka will come here get destroyed and sent to the minors where we attempt to make him a starter AND need a lefty again

Comment

• i like the move

dude is clearly a loogy, we were tied to him at the deadline and the FO reportedly was looking for a loogy which suggests to me they'll actually use him that way. not like we traded anyone decent
                                Originally posted by Madman81
                                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Working...
                                X