No announcement yet.

Trade Deadline Watch 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ha! I know why we didn't get Pearce....

He's owed $1.6M through the rest of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
      So unless something comes out in the next few minutes, as I said earlier, I'm disappointed, but glad we didn't get Nolasco as our "big move" (ugh I can picture Michael hill at the press conference talking about "veteran leadership" and yadda yadda.)
      Don't just make a deal to make a deal. I agree with this completely. I'd rather have Hellickson than nobody but at least they didn't just trade for somebody just to get them.

Comment

• Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
        Still seems possible to me that they go for someone like Santana and Volquez gets dealt in August but I'm not sure Miami would be willing to go get them if they weren't willing now.

- - - - - - - - - -

As a starter he's been pedestrian at best and bad at worst. As a reliever he's been a stud. I don't like moving him out of the pen when other options were available.
        Before this year his splits were pretty much identical between starter and reliever, and he's got a 4.36 career ERA as a starter, so he's never been bad, just mediocre.

Comment

• Not new news but this was before the SD deal.

Jim Salisbury ‏@JSalisburyCSN · 9m9 minutes ago

Heard Phils were down the road with Miami last week in talks for Hellickson and deal feel apart when Miami wanted a second pitcher

Comment

• Plus if Chen is supposedly going to come back in September, then you do have a rotation that at least is better than it was at the start of the year.

Comment

• So we officially did nothing? The Phillies are stupid not to trade hellickson

Comment

• Rosenthal saying Hellickson staying with the Phillies.

Yeah, you'd think they'd trade him somewhere to get something for him. They'll have to issue a qualifying offer now to get a pick/something back.

Comment

• Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
                  Still seems possible to me that they go for someone like Santana and Volquez gets dealt in August but I'm not sure Miami would be willing to go get them if they weren't willing now.

- - - - - - - - - -

As a starter he's been pedestrian at best and bad at worst. As a reliever he's been a stud. I don't like moving him out of the pen when other options were available.
                  Except, prior to this year, as a reliever he was pedestrian at best and bad at worst.

See if the breakout translate to starting. Like Nick said, worst thing that happens is you move him back to the pen. And, I mean, what's the alternative? More Nicolino and Urena? Even if he stays at Tom Koehler level, that's a big fucking upgrade.

- - - - - - - - - -

When can the dude we just drafted be traded? After the WS right?

Them keeping Castillo for a package to get a better SP this offseason is probably the right move.

Comment

• At this point, I agree, Phelps is the best you've got as far as internal options go.

But if the reasoning was "let's not make a deal because we've got Phelps who can start" then I think that's wrong and would be dumb when he's been so effective doing something else.

Comment

• Sounds like Marlins type of thinking.

Comment

• Ya the difference in our rotation between now and if we had added a guy like hellickson is huge. Our rotation could have been made above average. Now we still have the same bad rotation with still a bad hole in the #5 spot. Loria being incredibly cheap strikes ahain

- - - - - - - - - -

Tho no one has come out yet and said we didn't do anything...

Comment

• Well that's because we did do something. Got Rodney, got Casher, and got Castillo back. The Marlins were active if just not today.

Comment

• They did (say we didn't do anything) on MLB Metwork Radio, but they were also reporting things a bit later than they were coming out.

Comment

• and let's be honest, even with Hellickson, before he got to us in those two starts, he was a #4 starter at best with 4+ ERA. Hell he's coming off a start where he got knocked around by the Braves of all teams.

Comment

• The Braves never beat anyone good.

Comment

Working...
                                X