No announcement yet.

Trade Deadline Watch 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know, but it still would've been more comforting to have it happen before.

Comment

• Matt Moore to SF

Comment

• Steve Pearce was traded too.

To the Orioles.
        Last edited by rmc523; 08-01-2016, 03:08 PM.

Comment

• Pearce to Balt for defensive catcher

These moves have been weird
          Last edited by tjfla; 08-01-2016, 03:11 PM.

Comment

• You know, definitely would've liked to have picked up another starter, but there was not really a guy that was out there who was a realistic possibility, that really blew me away. Lets see what Phelps can do in the rotation. He's never been great as a starter, but at his worst he's been equivalent to Tom Koehler as a starter, and maybe this breakout year he's having as a reliever can translate to starting as well.

Replace Phelps with Ellington in the bullpen and the bullpen's just as strong too.

Comment

• Jon Niese back to Mets.

- - - - - - - - - -

Pearce would've been a nice bench bat.

Comment

• That return for Bruce isn't mind blowing. I think the Marlins should have taken a jab at him for that, at least a power bat at 1B to split time with Baur, and another OFm and could be a nice DH option.
                Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                Noah Perio
                Jupiter
                39 AB
                15 H
                0 2B
                0 3B
                0 HR
                0 BB
                .385/.385/.385

Comment

• TB traded Pearce for nothing and got Chris Shaw,Lucius Fox and Matt Duffy for Moore.
                  Last edited by tjfla; 08-01-2016, 03:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                    You know, definitely would've liked to have picked up another starter, but there was not really a guy that was out there who was a realistic possibility, that really blew me away. Lets see what Phelps can do in the rotation. He's never been great as a starter, but at his worst he's been equivalent to Tom Koehler as a starter, and maybe this breakout year he's having as a reliever can translate to starting as well.

Replace Phelps with Ellington in the bullpen and the bullpen's just as strong too.
                    Don't you not mess with a guy having a break out year?

I can't imagine there wasn't a # 4 SP available somewhere. Guess we'll see if a late one comes in. Maybe a waiver trade for someone with a bad contract.

Comment

• Niese for Bastardo

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                        Don't you not mess with a guy having a break out year?

I can't imagine there wasn't a # 4 SP available somewhere. Guess we'll see if a late one comes in. Maybe a waiver trade for someone with a bad contract.
                        Phelps is a guy that's gone back and forth between starter and reliever his whole career, you're not going to ruin him by making him a starter again. Worst case scenario, he fails as a starter and goes back to his role in the pen. It's worth a shot IMO.

Comment

• Still seems possible to me that they go for someone like Santana and Volquez gets dealt in August but I'm not sure Miami would be willing to go get them if they weren't willing now.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                          Phelps is a guy that's gone back and forth between starter and reliever his whole career, you're not going to ruin him by making him a starter again. Worst case scenerio, he fails as a starter and goes back to his role in the pen. It's worth a shot IMO.
                          As a starter he's been pedestrian at best and bad at worst. As a reliever he's been a stud. I don't like moving him out of the pen when other options were available.

Comment

• TB got a great deal for Moore

Comment

• So unless something comes out in the next few minutes, as I said earlier, I'm disappointed, but glad we didn't get Nolasco as our "big move" (ugh I can picture Michael hill at the press conference talking about "veteran leadership" and yadda yadda.)

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                                TB got a great deal for Moore
                                They got Matt Duffy in the deal. Not saying DD could have got Moore but they asked us for him in deals

Comment

Working...
                                X