No announcement yet.

Trade Deadline Watch 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probably because they're willing to take on salary/remaining salary.

Comment

• Having discussions with Minnesota about Nolasco(owed cash next year),Milone and Abad

They prefer Milone BUT if Minnesota will throw in cash would consider Nolasco

Would be small return like a mid level prospect(Dillon Peters type)

Reason they are looking for another arm is Jose's innings limit and Conley's getting up there too(20 more innings until he hits career high)
      Last edited by tjfla; 07-30-2016, 05:53 PM.

Comment

• It will never be a small return with the Marlins they will make sure to give them extra so they send money back. I would rather they hold onto Dillon Peters probably their best minor league pitcher right now. I would rather see them get Collmenter from Arizona (they just DFA'd him) then bring Nolasco back.

Comment

• Originally posted by flamarlins93 View Post
          It will never be a small return with the Marlins they will make sure to give them extra so they send money back. I would rather they hold onto Dillon Peters probably their best minor league pitcher right now. I would rather see them get Collmenter from Arizona (they just DFA'd him) then bring Nolasco back.
          Exactly which is why said Dillon Peters type,Nolasco is signed next year for 12 million which means they will need ALOT of cash in the deal. He is worth maybe a Low A project or 24 yr old in AA but since we would ask for cash u would have to give up a mid level guy like a Peters

- - - - - - - - - -

Still looking at arms before the Rea thing-names tossed around

Ivan Nova
          Ricky Nolasco
          Tommy Milone
          Jorge De La Rosa
          Erasmo Ramirez

Trade Chips are Hech,Urena,Ellington,Telis,Flores,Austin Dean,Steckenreider,Dillon Peters and they are willing to talk about young arms in GCL. NO TOP prospects but few mid levels and ML ready guys. But mostly lower level guys here which won't get much in this market

- - - - - - - - - -

They also still scouting Hellickson but doubtful can afford him and like Volquez but KC said they aren't sending cash

Comment

• The Marlins constantly needing cash back in these deals makes me feel sick.

Comment

• I want no part of Nolasco.

Comment

• If I wanted to see Nolasco pitch in a Marlins uniform again, I'd go watch highlights from 2008.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                  The Marlins constantly needing cash back in these deals makes me feel sick.
                  constantly requesting and needing are two different things entirely. They do not need to consistently take worse deals because of money, but because of Loria, they do.

- - - - - - - - - -

On a side note, i'd love to trade Hech and a prospect for another starter. I'm done with Hech, it's been 5 years, the guy is never going to hit. He took steps forward last year and I thought he was going to build on it, but he's just not going to. I think we could definitely get something of note for him though.

And one thing I thought of, I know Realmuto played SS and other field positions coming up in the minors and high school, but any chance he would be able to learn 1b? Mathis has weirdly earned more playing time and a Realmuto/Bour platoon would actually be really effective and give our pitchers more time with Mathis, who somehow appears to actually make a difference and he has been hitting well.

Vs Righties
                  Gordon
                  Prado
                  Yelich
                  Stanton
                  Ozuna
                  Bour
                  Realmuto
                  Hech/Rojas

Vs Lefties
                  Gordon
                  Prado
                  Yelich
                  Stanton
                  Ozuna
                  Realmuto
                  Hech/Rojas
                  Mathis.

We have a really fucking good lineup. Obviously getting way ahead of myself, but imagine we trade Jose to the Sox for a package including Moncada and Devers. Our future lineup would be insane.

Gordon
                  Moncada
                  Yelich
                  Stanton
                  Ozuna
                  Devers
                  Realmuta
                  Hech/Any one else.

I'd hate to see Jose not signed but if we do trade him I want the red sox guys. Moncada is as close of a thing to a superstar as they make in the minors and Devers is going to be incredible too. Or we could just start signing international prospects ourselves rather than giving up prodigies for them.

Comment

• Yankees unloading now. Want to see if we'd have what it takes to get Pineda. He's the guy I wanted to begin with.

Comment

• Well atleast we know who will be in the WS for the AL

Cleveland gets Miller AND Lucroy

Amazing what drafting talent and signing IFA talent can get u!!

Comment

• I'm very interested in seeing the Yankees rebuild. They have a great farm system now, but it's almost all position players. They need to go all in and get rid of Gardner, Mccann, Sabathia, Texeira if they can, and maybe even A-rod.

Comment

• Yanks get

Clint Frazier,Sheffield,J.P. Feyerisen and Ben Heller. Last 2 are the Indians AAA and AA closers. Both throw upper 90's

The Indians make 2 deals for All Stars and kept their #2,3 and 4 prospects if they were in our system ALL 3 would likely be #1 prospect

They also ADD 23 million likes it NO big deal,how nice is it to have a FO who can get talent and owners who are will to add cash to improve a team
                          Last edited by tjfla; 07-31-2016, 08:36 AM.

Comment

• I'd be interested in A-rod now if the yankees cover the majority of his deal. If anything he's a good guy to have around our younger hitters and a (not really at this point) power bat off the bench. Our young players would have Bonds, A-Rod, Mattingly, and all time PH leader in Lenny Harris at our disposal. Don;t know how much of a difference hitting coaches can make but man that can't be bad to have that many guys coaching our players up.

Pineda and A-rod for Hech, Dunn lol, they'd love that.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                              Well atleast we know who will be in the WS for the AL

Cleveland gets Miller AND Lucroy

Amazing what drafting talent and signing IFA talent can get u!!
                              Spoke to soon-Rosenthal says Lucroy used his veto power

Comment

• get f'ed

Comment

Working...
                                X