No announcement yet.

2016 Spring Training Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going tomorrow. It will probably get rained out or be obnoxiously hot for March.

Comment

It was obnoxiously hot. And buggy.

And then after the last out of the game it started to pour so everyone got soaked walking to their car.

Bour and Deitrich started vs a LHP

Comment

Bour and deitrich starting versus a lefty is actually good in spring training. It's not like they will never face a lefty and they need reps anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
          It was obnoxiously hot. And buggy.

And then after the last out of the game it started to pour so everyone got soaked walking to their car.

Bour and Deitrich started vs a LHP
          You're going to complain about going to a Spring Training game on a Tuesday afternoon? In my opinion there's not much better in life than taking work off and going to an afternoon spring training game. They're taking these games away from us here in Central Florida so enjoy it while you have it.
          Last edited by Nick; 03-30-2016, 09:40 AM.

Comment

http://www.forbes.com/sites/maurybro.../#597b0d5b26f5

So every team will have much more access to analytics

Marlins will probably download Temple Run 2
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Looks like Breslow has made the squad

No news here but wish we would do what other teams are starting to do more and more. They know guys won't make the team(Out of Options) so instead of just getting rid of them they are trading them for less talented guys at the same position who will pass thru or are on minor league deals AND a "project" piece.

Hand and DD are out of options and both would get picked up quick. Trade Hand for a AAA LRP and ask for some project instead of letting him walk

- - - - - - - - - -

Dunn becomes our go to RP and looks like Breslow has made the team.

Last RP job comes down to Hand/Narveson/Ege(All LP) or McGowan. Well as of right now

- - - - - - - - - -

Also Tyler Kolek news,2nd Exam was inconclusive. So he is going for #3. This team just doesn't learn. Get him the damn TJ surgery now instead of 2 years from now

Comment

Now we know why when Cleveland talked Ozuna they only would trade 1 SP and not discuss others. They just moved Trevor Bauer to the pen. We kept asking for Carrasco or Salazar.

Will say the "inshape" Ozuna looks alot better than LY tho.

I wonder it they made Buckelew shave just to pitch that inning?? Looked decent against major league hitters and we cant move him out of GBoro at 24?

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp...ching/2015/ALL
                Last edited by tjfla; 03-30-2016, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                  http://www.forbes.com/sites/maurybro.../#597b0d5b26f5

So every team will have much more access to analytics

Marlins will probably download Temple Run 2
                  They'll have to download it before game time since they won't have wifi access. I dislike this deal as it probably prohibits clubs from using other similar devices and solutions designed by their analytics department. I guess that is good for us as Marlins fans because their investment into analytics was the equivalent of giving an abacus to a 5 year old.

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                    You're going to complain about going to a Spring Training game on a Tuesday afternoon? In my opinion there's not much better in life than taking work off and going to an afternoon spring training game. They're taking these games away from us here in Central Florida so enjoy it while you have it.
                    There are a lot of things in my life that are better than sweating
                    my balls off with hundreds of nats flying around my face and then driving 2.5 hours home completely soaked. And the game was a total snooze fest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay View Post
                      They'll have to download it before game time since they won't have wifi access. I dislike this deal as it probably prohibits clubs from using other similar devices and solutions designed by their analytics department. I guess that is good for us as Marlins fans because their investment into analytics was the equivalent of giving an abacus to a 5 year old.
                      article says teams can use proprietary stuff
                      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                        article says teams can use proprietary stuff
                        May have missed the reference you are referring to. But regardless of using proprietary stuff, by using Ipads, you've locked yourself into a development platform that is not commonly used by data scientists.

Comment

• Each club will have proprietary data, as opposed to a league database, loaded on it that will allow coaches and managers to use data and video to assist in making decisions beyond the lineup card. Testing began in games during the postseason in 2015. Each of the 30 clubs also will have the ability to include any of their own reports with data generated from last year’s first full season of Statcast tracking technology, bringing new stats for pitch tracking, hitting, baserunning and fielding, right on iPad Pro.
                          you might be right, but it's a moot point because it probably costs The Jeffrey Group too much money to develop something like this

Comment

• Tommy Medica released and Don Kelly resigned to a minor league deal

Comment

• rotation is Chen, Fernandez, Conley, Koehler, Cosart

Comment

• Imagine going to a spring training game and then being surprised when it was boring.

Comment

Working...
                                X