• Show
Clear All

Stanton not in the lineup again.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
      Stanton not in the lineup again.
      this is awesome
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

ESPN has an article speculating that the Marlins may skip Jose on opening day so that he can start in the home opener, so that the Marlins can make more money. Can't make this shit up.

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
          ESPN has an article speculating that the Marlins may skip Jose on opening day so that he can start in the home opener, so that the Marlins can make more money. Can't make this shit up.
          I don't see why this would be looked down upon. It's not like the club is looking to maximize his starts this season so why not just maximize his home starts.

Comment

yeah I actually don't have a problem with that

also if they really do intend to limit his innings, limit them early on by starting him later in the rotation and maybe skipping a start when his turn comes so he can pitch deeper into the season/"playoffs" (ehe)
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

Shouldn't we try to win away games, too? I'm of the opinion that this pre-determined innings limit will cause more harm than good, just like it did with Matt Harvey last season, but that's another argument.

If they come out and say we're going to be super-careful with him at the beginning of the season. Fine, but if it turns out just to be a strategic move to sell more tickets to our home opener, then it's bullshit.

Comment

Shouldn't we try to win away games, too? I'm of the opinion that this pre-determined innings limit will cause more harm than good, just like it did with Matt Harvey last season, but that's another argument.

If they come out and say we're going to be super-careful with him at the beginning of the season. Fine, but if it turns out just to be a strategic move to sell more tickets to our home opener, then it's bullshit.
                The FO has already made statements regarding an inning limit. It's not like he's going to be pitching less for us in this situation so why would a business move to sell more tickets be a problem if it has relatively little impact on the overall record of the ballclub?

Comment

time out, is Opening Day not a home game?

Comment

Welp, now I gotta go back and read that article again.

- - - - - - - - - -

http://espn.go.com/blog/mlb/rumors/p...on-opening-day

Jose Fernandez is the undisputed ace of the Miami Marlins, but he may not be a lock to get the ball on Opening Day, reports Craig Davis of the Sun-Sentinel.

It is more than halfway through spring training and manager Don Mattingly has yet to name his starter for the April 5 contest against the Tigers.

Mattingly said a decision has already has been made, adding that president of baseball operations Michael Hill “is still working on it.” The mention of Hill suggests that the discussions include super agent Scott Boras and Dr. Neal ElAttrache, the physician who performed surgery on Fernandez's elbow in May 2014.

The Marlins are formulating a plan to limit the number of innings that Fernandez, who is entering his first full season since Tommy John surgery, pitches this season.

Davis notes the Grapefruit League schedule has Wei-Yin Chen on track for Opening Day.

We’re not saying this is part of the decision, but there could be an economic benefit to skipping Fernandez. The Marlins have had trouble at the gate, and teams normally draw well on Opening Day regardless of the pitcher. Fernandez might bring in additional fans if he is held back until the April 6 home game against the Tigers.
                    So the writer is an idiot I guess.

Comment

No, he's just suggesting since Opening Day is mid-week, rather than start Jose on Opening Day which would be a near sellout anyway, they should pitch him in Game 2 which otherwise might be a 10,000 seat patented Marlins special

Comment

Did you like how I sneakily started conversation on this forum with my apparent lack of reading comprehension?

Comment

Doesn't matter. Watching this club play during spring, we're gonna be fighting with the Phillies anyway.

Comment

Did you like how I sneakily started conversation on this forum with my apparent lack of reading comprehension?
                            I personally got a HUGH laugh out of you not already knowing that we were opening up at home.

- - - - - - - - - -

We don't actually pay attention to Spring Training results, right? I mean, I know they got CRUSHED by the Mets when Miami started their whole opening day lineup but spring training cmon.

Comment

Nah the game results themselves don't matter but it seems like every time they're rolling their main starters out there, they keep getting their heads caved in.

Comment

Chen was named the Opening Day starter earlier today.

Comment

Working...
                                X