• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i saw him on the pre-game show the other night

Comment

studio analyst = pre/post game
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Yeah, I've seen a couple recent pre/post game things and it's been Craig and Preston (while Conine has moved to the booth....I wonder if that is going to be a permanent thing too now, or just temporary for whatever reason?). Guess I just figured that new guy would be a "permanent" pre/post game guy with Craig.

Comment

Preston Wilson is much more analytical than Conine. Conine is a poor man's Tommy Hutton sans the rants.

Comment

Yeah, but at least Conine doesn't make terrible jokes and then laugh at said joke for the next 10 minutes.

Comment

I don't think that Preston laughing at his own jokes = Preston is a horrible announcer.

Comment

I didn't say that he was.

Comment

I still don't miss Hutton. At all.

Comment

I think Preston is better than Conine but simply from an entertainment value, we have yet to see a combo that I have enjoyed as much as Waltz-Hutton. They had spectacular chemistry but I guess that a couple of veteran broadcasters who'd work together for a decade would have that.

Whatever. Perez is not doing games anymore it would appear and whoever they put in the booth in his place is an upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
                      I still don't miss Hutton. At all.
                      My thoughts exactly.

Comment

i think you guys are in the minority as far as the population of general marlins fans is concerned

Comment

Conine is unbearable. He adds nothing. Has there been a reason they switched him and Preston? I don't get to watch every game so I thought maybe I missed an explanation. PW had started to grow on me.

Leiter is obviously the best, but we know the restrictions there.
                          Originally posted by Madman81
                          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

conine adds nothing but preston is an idiotic-take machine

Comment

Originally posted by Madman81 View Post
                              i think you guys are in the minority as far as the population of general marlins fans is concerned

2 isn't a small minority in the Marlins fanbase tbf

Comment

Ya this was yet another episode of Jeffrey Loria being a terrible owner and not liking it when people call him out on it. He fired Hutton because hutton didn't mind calling the team out for the minor league bullshit that had become way too common. I'd like for the Marlins to admit they were wrong and bring him back. 0 chance that happens though. The games are not as fun to watch or as comforting as when rich and tommy were together.

Preston is not funny and doesn't add much to me. Eduardo Perez is really good at his job and i don't mind him, but he doesnt work much. And Al Leiter is good and knows what he's talking about so he adds something in the sense, I just find him a little obnoxious and unlikeable and at least watching last night there seemed to be a little bit of tension between he and Rich, granted i wasn't listening that closely.

They are gonna try and act like this was the plan all along but they fired Tommy without a plan for the future, no doubt.

Comment

Working...
                                X