X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nny View Post
    Tellis will be 25 next year. Pretty old for getting ab's in AAA
    Yeah at this point is should be either prove yourself in the majors or become a career minor leaguer. I understand the pitchers absolutely love Mathis and in 2013 he was huge in Fernandez's development, but his hitting is so bad that he doesn't belong on a major league roster. He'll be a great coach, but to keep giving him a million dollars to fill a roster spot that could be better served on somebody else is a bit annoying.

Comment

• We stink.

Comment

• Keep loading up on Lefty RP. Signed Troy Patton

Has nice numbers BUT can't stay off the suspended list for drugs

- - - - - - - - - -

Also not really news but LAD and Miami are still talking about Jose. While they have gotten some of the stuff we liked in other deals or makes it easier to trade Joc(Montas,Thompson) unless they put Seager's name in the offer then he probably won't be going. They want Urias,Seager,a young arm(Montas,Holmes, De Leon) a young OF(Joc/Thompson) and more just to start the conversation. Of course if Joc and Holmes are in the deal probably Ozuna will be going to LAD but if LAD offers Urias,Seager,Montas or De Leon,Thompson and another prospect or 2 expect us to listen and have real talk

Arizona,LAD,NYY have all stayed in touch with us but the price has not and will not drop

Comment

• You just summarize twitter in like a "I'm still working on my phonics skills" kind of way. U R a treasure, tj.

Comment

• POTM, boys

Comment

• Another Lefty!! Strong,Patton,Berry to go with Lazo,Nappo,Ege,Reed as guy who will NEVER replace Mike Dunn

Claimed Tim Berry from Baltimore. Went from Top 10 Prospect to getting destroyed in AA LY. Some say had an injury tho.

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp...ching/2015/ALL
              Last edited by tjfla; 12-23-2015, 07:01 PM.

Comment

• he was the Orioles #18 prospect last year

so basically he'll be our #1 prospect

- - - - - - - - - -

jeez, he's our #27 prospect now. is the O's system seriously worse than ours?
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                  he was the Orioles #18 prospect last year

so basically he'll be our #1 prospect

- - - - - - - - - -

jeez, he's our #27 prospect now. is the O's system seriously worse than ours?
                  I'm not sure when the rankings you're referencing came out, but he's a 24 year old (25 before opening day) and spent a second year in AA and did awful last year. I'm guessing the last year ranking that you reference is from the offseason in which case he looked like a much better prospect than he does now.

Comment

• Ya he was until his 2015 season where he got destroyed/hurt/DFA

If this was the 2014 offseason he probably would be a Top 10 prospect for us

- - - - - - - - - -

Also even tho everyone read that the Marlins put an offer in for Chapman. The reason we couldn't get him is they wanted a ML Ready IF in the deal. We have NONE so pretty much put us behind everyone. Cosart trade bites us again. We had Moran still we could have used him for Chapman.

Funny thing about this offseason is if Jeff actually spent cash in the draft/IFA most of these guys would already be in the system.
                    Last edited by tjfla; 12-30-2015, 01:10 PM.

Comment

• Kazmir to dodgers. They have an all lefty rotation.
                      "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                      - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• unreal, 3/48 with a one year opt out and we didn't do it
                        Originally posted by Madman81
                        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Well, it woulda been more than that for us, to be fair.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph View Post
                            Kazmir to dodgers. They have an all lefty rotation.
                            Urias also a lefty.

I wonder if they'll sell the house for Fernandez. Guess we'll see.

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGG View Post
                              Well, it woulda been more than that for us, to be fair.
                              Comparing taxes between Florida and California has to be crazy though. I remember that was a part of getting guys down here in 2012

Comment

• Looks like our pitching budget is like 12/13 mill so anymore than 3/36-40 will beat us

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by lou View Post
                                Urias also a lefty.

I wonder if they'll sell the house for Fernandez. Guess we'll see.
                                If they miss out on Maeda then they just might. They had talked more with us however seems the price is going up every day instead of down

All LAD has to do is say the name Seager and they will talk for real until then it is pretty much-Is he still on the table?

- - - - - - - - - -

Must be nice to have cash- Maeda will cost tons and they have been signing Cubans left and right. Supposedly are favorites for the Lazarito kid out of Cuba. Likely 50 million plus since they are already over the cap another 50. So 100 million for a 16 year old

Jeff won't spend a million bucks however wants them all in trades. Moncada cost Boston 31 million(62 million actually cause over the cap) and Jeff kept asking for him in any deal for Jose. How nice would it have been for Jeff to spend the cash and already got him

- - - - - - - - - -

We should just offer the Sierra kid from Cuba 6/36. He is 24 and probably same skill set as other we could get for 36 million. We won't cause Jeff is cheap but rather take a chance than nothing

Comment

Working...
                                X