Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeez, Phillies get Vincent Velazquez Mark Appel in Giles deal.

Comment

• Reds just dealt Todd Frazier for nothing. How were we not in on those talks?
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
        Reds just dealt Todd Frazier for nothing. How were we not in on those talks?
        Nothing? They wanted Peraza at 2B which now lets them trade BP even easier. Would have prefered what the Dodgers got tho.

Micah Johnson/Thompson and Montas is a nice haul for Peraza and filler

We were not in the talks cause #1 our best MIF propsect is Avery Romero who cant field and forgot how to hit as well and #2 Frazier is expensive

Would love to know how the hell the Dodgers get actual prospects or ML players tho in every deal?
        Last edited by tjfla; 12-16-2015, 11:56 AM.

Comment

• I like Peraza but he projects to possibly be an everyday player, almost certainly nothing near all star level. Dodgers somehow traded 3 prospects for 3 better prospects. Not sure why the Reds liked the Dodgers prospects more than the White Sox guys.
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

• Mike Napoli signed a 1-year deal with the Indians, so that's not happening either.

To be fair, it sounds like he'll be their everyday first baseman, where he'd have been a platoon/pinch hit/utility guy here, so it may have been more to his liking than what we had to offer (presuming we were in on him like we should've been).

Comment

• I have to think that one of the reasons we've been so quiet so far is that goal #1 is to get a SP at all costs (within our budget) and that they're going hard after Kazmir or Chen or Lincecum or Leake or Gallardo and simply won't have the funds to do anything else

- - - - - - - - - -

and yes, I recognize I'm delusional

Comment

• You're probably right. And those guys will bump out of their absurdly low price range and they'll do nothing and try to spin it as "we didn't like any of the guys on the market, and explored some trades, but nothing worked out....we feel confident in the guys we have....blah blah blah" and then cross their fingers that everyone will be healthy and everything will go right, and then wonder why the team doesn't perform as THEY expect it to.

Comment

• The climax of this offseason will be when the Marlins are 24 game under .500 on June 16th and Loria fires Mattingly.

Comment

• that's not the offseason

Comment

• or is it?
                      "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                      - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                        I like Peraza but he projects to possibly be an everyday player, almost certainly nothing near all star level. Dodgers somehow traded 3 prospects for 3 better prospects. Not sure why the Reds liked the Dodgers prospects more than the White Sox guys.
                        it sounds like the reds just really have a hard on for peraza. i read that he was supposed to be in the chapman package as well. unless they're very right and a lot of evaluators are very wrong, though, it's not going to turn out well.

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGG View Post
                          that's not the offseason
                          That's the point.

Comment

• Indians released Chris Johnson.

He hit lefties hard 13-14, and wasn't abysmal in 15. Seems like a Marlins option based on likely minimum veterans price and can be the next Helms or McGehee.

Playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madman81 View Post
                              it sounds like the reds just really have a hard on for peraza. i read that he was supposed to be in the chapman package as well. unless they're very right and a lot of evaluators are very wrong, though, it's not going to turn out well.
                              This. They were getting Peraza in Chapman deal and makes trading BP alot easier. Cant really blame a rebuilding team tho for getting guys they like(2 ML Regulars next year) and losing salary in process

But ya weird how LAD traded 3 prospects for 3 better ones LOL

Comment

• They resigned Jeff Mathis

You got to be fucking kidding me

Comment

Working...
                                X