Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As long as it doesn't go 4+ years I'm definitely on board for Chen. He's only been in the majors for four years so there isn't too much of a strain on his arm. 30 years old is a good time to sign him to a 3 year deal, 4 max. His numbers should probably translate well leaving the AL East and facing lesser lineups in the NL East. I'd be open to throwing a 4 year $65-70 million deal at Chen.
    Last edited by dim; 12-02-2015, 12:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dim View Post
      As long as it doesn't go 4+ years I'm definitely on board for Chen. He's only been in the majors for four years so there isn't too much of a strain on his arm.
      I think that's kind of a weird way to look at it. He pitched in Japan for 4 years before he came here. Plus 3 more years before that in the Japanese minors.

He has as much mileage as anyone his age.

I still want him, just saying.

Comment

• I'd heard the Yankees were in on him, so we're probably out.

I think I wouldn't be comfortable more than 3/$45 to be honest.
        Originally posted by Madman81
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGG View Post
          I think that's kind of a weird way to look at it. He pitched in Japan for 4 years before he came here. Plus 3 more years before that in the Japanese minors.

He has as much mileage as anyone his age.

I still want him, just saying.
          I actually thought of that and Japan does tend to work guys harder than they do in the MLB. Should've phrased it more as him not working a hard throwing style meaning less risk of injury. He's an easy thrower that'll give us 6 innings nearly every start and keep us in the games he pitches in. In today's ever increasing pitching market, he's worth over $15 million per year.

Comment

• Claimed Nefi Ogando

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp...ching/2015/ALL

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
              Offseason Done.

Comment

• In Ogando, the Phillies have lost (and the Marlins have gained) a 26-year-old righty with a blistering fastball but a questionable secondary pitch and questionable control. Ogando averaged 95.5 mph on his fastball in a brief, four-inning Major League debut last season. He did post a strong 2.86 ERA between Double-A and Triple-A in 2015, but he averaged just 7.9 K/9 against 4.4 BB/9 in spite of his strong velocity. The Marlins will look to harness his control in an effort to better translate his heat to missed bats and, ideally, strong results at the big league level.

Damn doesn't sound like our normal RP huh? Hit 100 regularly in the minors
                Last edited by tjfla; 12-02-2015, 02:22 PM.

Comment

• In Benedict We Trust
                  Originally posted by Madman81
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• MLBTR says Alvarez non tendered

Woof

Comment

• Braves also non tendered Mike minor. Similar cases I guess.
                      "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                      - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Yeah, but his arbitration was like to be ~$2mil higher
                        poop

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                          MLBTR says Alvarez non tendered

Woof
                          Non tendered and was projected to be about 4 million. So JA Happ gets a deal for 12 mil a year but we can't pay Alvarez 4?

Why not tender him and see if he recovers? If not it's 4 million bucks and if he does u get a solid arm.

This is why teams hardball us on trades. Why trade anything of value when they can just wait until we non tender the guy

- - - - - - - - - -

O well

Jose/?/Cosart/Koehler/Nicolino will be the rotation

Comment

• Jesus Christ

Comment

• I don't know why moves like this from this organization still surprise me, but they do...

Comment

• He's gonna win 15 games pitching for the Mets next season.

Comment

Working...
                                X