Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN Magazine Ultimate Standings: Marlins 28th in Baseball, 2nd Worst Coaching/Owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they all came out around this time, would have been before the huge fire sale. Wasn't until thanksgiving where everyone got shipped out.

At that point, we were an underperforming team with a few starters being free agents.

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
      If they all came out around this time, would have been before the huge fire sale. Wasn't until thanksgiving where everyone got shipped out.

At that point, we were an underperforming team with a few starters being free agents.
      Yeah and that would explain why 2006 didn't have the marlins as dead last

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
        Houston also wasn't irrelevant for nearly as long
        Up until this year, Houston had been irrelevant ever since they last made the World Series in 2005 and were a worse team than us in most of the years that followed.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Jay View Post
        Honestly, I don't see those lol years being that ridiculous. There was a lot going for the franchise in 2004 and 2005 and then in 2012 there appeared to be a change in the organization. I mean yes, given the owner hasn't changed the team shouldn't be rated that high, but I don't know how other teams were in those given years so it could be inflated given that so many top tier teams were just bad in those years. The shocking thing is 2006 in my opinion. Although I guess it depends on when the data was collected. Before the 2006 season is a lot different than after the 2006 season.
        Yeah. I mean, I especially don't see how 2004 was "LOL!" worthy considering, you know, we were coming off a World Series title the year before.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
        Houston was irrelevant from like 2010-2014 and is could still win the World Series this year. Miami hasn't really been relevant in a decade and there's nothing to indicate that's going to change in the immediate future.
        The Marlins legitimately contended for playoff spots in 2006, 2008, 2009 and 2014. They really haven't been that irrelevant. I think a lot of us like to embellish the state of this franchise over the last 10 years. They certainly haven't been good, but it's not like we haven't had fielded decent teams in some years.
        Last edited by Valid; 10-16-2015, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Ehhh, they only really contended in 2009. They flirted with .500 in 06 and 14 but weren't ever really in the hunt, and in 2008 they had a crazy winning streak in September just to get them to 4-5 GB of the wild card.

Comment

Originally posted by Valid View Post
            Up until this year, Houston had been irrelevant ever since they last made the World Series in 2005 and were a worse team than us in most of the years that followed.
            I mean, 2003 is longer than 2005.

From 2006-2010 we were no more in it than they were. We averaged 80 wins to their 78. So we were "equally" irrelevant.

From 2011-2013, sure we were "more" relevant than the worst team in baseball. To the tune of 67 wins per year. So we were still irrelevant. So yes, we've been irrelevant longer than the Astros.

And during that time, the Astros built up the best farm system in baseball that lead to a the core and depth needed to make the playoffs. We, well, didn't.

Comment

What were they ranked in 2002? I'm sure running out of hot dogs on Opening Day really affected their rankings.

Comment

Working...
              X