Manager Search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
    I really couldn't care less who the manager is.

That's not a pessimist Marlins are shit post either, managers barely matter.

And even less so with the way this team is run. We had a better winning % under Jennings than Redmond this season and Jennings barely knew what he was doing. Baseball manager is the most overvalued position in sports.
    Yeah. Seriously. Who cares?

It's not going to matter who the manager is if Jose and Stanton don't stay healthy and if we don't add another starter this winter.

And if Jose and Stanton do stay healthy and we add another starter who turns out to be good and we are a good team because of it, it won't be because of our new manager.

Comment

Not that I'm trying to defend them, but Nationals Park opened in 2008 and still has no naming rights sponsor either, but they don't have any of the other issues you brought up with the Marlins.

I agree that by being cheap and trying to eek out short term profits that they're leaving longer term success and profits on the table because of it.

Another thing - the retail spaces in the garages are still empty except for maybe a store or two.

Comment

Larry Bowa getting a 2nd interview with Marlins per Ken Rosenthal.

PERFECT FIT!

Comment

Mets just ended our manager search.

Welcome to Miami, Donnie Baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post

PERFECT FIT!
            ugh

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Namaste View Post

PERFECT FIT!
            ugh
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I'm also of the opinion that the manager doesn't really matter. There's not a candidate out there that I'll really be happy about. So I'm ok with them just not embarrassing me with the hire, like if they hired Larry Bowa or Dusty Baker. I'd be fine with Mattingly, at least he was cool as a player.

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                "We're treating it like the draft, where you draft the best player available, and not by position.''

given how we draft this does not excite me
                What team is he talking about? Not the Fish-we draft the BPA that will sign for the amount we want them too.

As for Bowa I guess Dusty wasnt as fiery as Jeff wanted. Larry Bowa does listen and is nuts-he should get along great with Ozuna!!

http://www.amazon.com/Larry-Bowa-Sti.../dp/1582617880

Comment

The manager is important, not because of winning or losing but because the decisions they make could potentially sabotage the betterment of the team. I'm terrified of Dusty Baker because he has a track record of killing pitchers and since Jose, Alvarez, and Cosart all have an injury history, I can't possibly be happy with that hire. Larry Bowa is as old-school as they come and in an era of baseball where the best managers are guys who don't just "go with their gut" (see: Joe Maddon), it's still an important spot in baseball.

Comment

Mattingly is officially out in LA.

Let's make it happen.
                    Originally posted by Madman81
                    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Welcome to Miami, Don.

I'd rather have Donny Baseball than Baker, Bowa or Jennings.

Comment

Well least we know the search is over

Jeff probably already in LA helping(hired some guys at Home Depot-we know Jeff doesn't pay full price)him move.

Also Dodgers are paying Mattingly's 2016 Salary. Maybe Jeff can get a trial run then fired him next season?
                        Last edited by tjfla; 10-22-2015, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Mattingly parted ways because he didn't like how there was no commitment to him, according to what ESPN is saying. If that's the case, then this isn't the place for him.

Comment

Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
                            Mattingly parted ways because he didn't like how there was no commitment to him, according to what ESPN is saying. If that's the case, then this isn't the place for him.
                            4 year contract is commitment.

I'll be surprised if this doesn't get done.

Comment

Unless a more attractive job comes after him (Washington?)

Comment

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
                                Unless a more attractive job comes after him (Washington?)
                                Totally.

However, I think he'll take the money and suspect Loria will be the top bidder. We'll see.

Not opposed to this either. This won't change anything unless they get two SP and some sort of 1B/OF bat to hit lefties.

Comment

Working...
                                X