Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Marlins Are the Worst Team in Baseball.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In relation to the actual title of this thread...

The Braves are 12-42 in their last 54.

For comparison, that soul-sucking 2013 Marlins start was 14-40.

Comment

Hasn't every start since becoming the Miami Marlins been soul sucking to some extent?

Comment

We were 31-23 and tied for first in 2012 and then all hell broke loose.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
          More details for those who didn't see it:

http://deadspin.com/someone-appears-...sid-1727972048
          Why would anyone try to get Samson? That is like trying to get Jerry Jones kid or another owner who hires his kid. Samson doesn't do shit except what he is told to do by Loria. He gets a title and paid to do nothing but tell the FO what Loria wants him to

Comment

Samson tricked them into building the stadium. Give him the credit he deserves.

Comment

Yeah but why Samson? If you're gonna try and get someone in trouble for being a racist (which, history shows, is a good way of getting people booted), then why not do it with the source of the problem in Loria?

Comment

They won't trade him BUT espn has an article up

http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/po...-the-offseason

Before he signed that massive deal,they had talks with LAD about Stanton. The price they were asking tho was Urias,Seager and Pederson. I am NOT saying we should or will deal him but a Stanton to LAD could help in the long term. Trade Staton for Urias,Seager and an arm or 2(Holmes/De Leon? They got a few)

U trade Stanton and have an OF-DD/Prado,Yelich,Ozuna 3B-Seager/Prado and Urias who at 19 would be in AAA. Makes aton of sense but they can't/won't deal Stanton

Comment

They trade Stanton, they'll never get anyone to watch them again.

Comment

I've stuck with this team through thick and thin but I think I've made it clear--and this applies to thousands of Marlins fans and not just me--if the Marlins had traded Stanton or lose Stanton in five years, it's over for me.

Comment

Zero chance Stanton is here beyond another 5 years if Loria still owns the team.

Comment

He'll miss at least 40 games a year every year and then absolutely opt in.

Comment

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                          They trade Stanton, they'll never get anyone to watch them again.
                          O I agree I am just saying if they did a deal with LAD they could get 3B for next 10 years and could play DD/Prado in LF and Urias who will be in the rotation at 20

They won't because we all know why BUT they should if they could get Seager,Urias and another prospect or 2

Comment

And what if both turn out to be mediocre?

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                              O I agree I am just saying if they did a deal with LAD they could get 3B for next 10 years and could play DD/Prado in LF and Urias who will be in the rotation at 20

They won't because we all know why BUT they should if they could get Seager,Urias and another prospect or 2
                              Since It worked out well the last time they traded a franchise player for prospects...

I understand what you're getting at. But there's obviously more at play here.

Comment

This franchise should never pay more than league-mandated minimums for players.

It would be cheaper for The Jeffrey Group to pay whatever fine MLB/MLBPA levies upon them and field a roster full of guys making 600k. Then trade them the second they hit arbitration and get more young guys.

Might as well at this point.

Jeffrey Loria has single-handedly made me lose the majority of my interest in baseball. And those of you who have known me for years know how severe that is. The saddest part is that I know I'm not the only one.
                                Originally posted by Madman81
                                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Working...
                                X