No announcement yet.

Ugh . . . Pending Fire Sale Before July 31

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd argue their draft strategy is the definition of crap. They overdraft for signability on the pretext of using the saved money later in the draft. Except they don't.

Combine that with not putting any effort into the international market and you create a recipe where your entire minor league system is unanimously in last place.
    Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
    Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
    Noah Perio
    Jupiter
    39 AB
    15 H
    0 2B
    0 3B
    0 HR
    0 BB
    .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
      Anyone suggesting trading Jose and Stanton is immediately discredited.
      Hech is worth more to the club then the players obtained.
      AJ Reed would be cool but I don't think selling low on Alvarez and Prado just to get him is worth it.
      Yelich trade is just like grabbing as many players as possible and hope one hits.
      Dee trade is meh but I think we can get something better for Dee.

I can't believe that person is writing for a marlins blog.
      I'm the editor of the site and while I allowed that to go up, I don't agree with him at all. But I don't censor my writers opinions, even if they are not the brightest.

Comment

Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
        I'm the editor of the site and while I allowed that to go up, I don't agree with him at all. But I don't censor my writers opinions, even if they are not the brightest.
        I don't have a problem with that. I don't think editors should be censoring content. But if you're involved with finding and hiring writers, you should think about getting better ones. I assume since it's a blog you take basically whoever wants to contribute.

Comment

Yes and no. The network hires the writers and I can fire them if they don't contribute. He's usually better than this article tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
            It would be smarter to use international free agent cash on...international free agents. Instead of trading it for other teams scraps just to get rid of it.
            Exactly. The whole point of the system was to make all the teams equal and give everyone a chance to sign the best players. Instead we trade cash to other teams to allow them to sign the best guys while we get the scraps

- - - - - - - - - -

Looks like Toronto might be a trade partner for us. They are looking at Latos,Koehler,Haren,Cishek and Ramos. I would be up for a trade like 1 of the SP,Dietrich and Cishek for prospects

Doubtful we could talk Hoffman or Norris out of them BUT they have some very nice prospects like
            P Miguel Castro/Matt Boyd/Alberto Tirado
            3B Mitch Nay/Andy Burns
            1B Rowdy Tellez

Comment

It's still so frustrating that the Marlins didn't trade Cishek in the offseason when his value was at its highest. I won't say I saw him completely falling apart like he did, but I fully expected his play to drop off eventually. Now they'll probably move him for very little.

Comment

[tweet]623881191637274624[/tweet]

Comment

because...the price is too high on Latos?

Comment

Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
                    Yes and no. The network hires the writers and I can fire them if they don't contribute. He's usually better than this article tbh.
                    I think one of the biggest problems with that article is it doesn't mention a single player that needs to be traded before the deadline.

Comment

Add KC to teams looking at Haren,Latos,Koehler and Hand.

They just lost Jason Vargas

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                      because...the price is too high on Latos?
                      They have some interest but very low on the list.

Comment

I wonder what the Marlins can get for Latos. Jeff Samardzija was traded to Oakland with half a season left on his contract last year for Addison Russell (top 25 prospect in baseball at the time.) Obviously Latos isn't Samardzija, but I think the Marlins could get a B+ prospect in return for him.

As for Haren, I don't think the Marlins would get anything but a decent reliever in return. Maybe to the Yankees for Mark Montgomery, but not much more than that.

Mike Dunn will probably net a younger Mike Dunn. Cishek could be the wild card. If you package him with Latos, I think you could get a solid package in return.
                        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

I hope they package some players to net 1 good player in return rather than to get a couple of C prospects.

Comment

I think you only get a B+ package for Latos if you eat some of the salary he has remaining. That's not happening.

Comment

St Louis is the latest team looking at Cishek. Don't be surprised if we start seeing more of Cishek over the next week as they try to show him off.

- - - - - - - - - -

Haren will probably fetch a mid level prospect and a project arm. While not a top tier guy,he is a veteran arm that a KC/LAD would love to have and wouldnt cost anywhere near what Cueto would.

Thats what they are looking to do with Cishek-put him in a package with Haren or Latos for a bigger return. Cishek has no role with this team next year so even if they can't package him he will be moved but they would prefer to

Comment

The more and more I think about the state of the organization, I think they should trade AJ Ramos. We'd get a better return for him than anyone we're going to trade. It'd be cool to sell high for once.

Comment

Working...
                                X