Ugh . . . Pending Fire Sale Before July 31

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
    Prado in LF is one of the dumber ideas I've heard. Take away his one valuable trait, that he's a good defensive infielder, and make him the worst hitting left-fielder in the league.
    Span in the off-season for LF or CF then?

Comment

• If you deal Ozuna, you have to replace him via trade or free agency, I don't see any way around that.

Comment

Prado in LF is one of the dumber ideas I've heard. Take away his one valuable trait, that he's a good defensive infielder, and make him the worst hitting left-fielder in the league.
        Prado's best position might be LF.
        Not that I want him starting in LF long-term, but he's fully capable of playing it well.

Comment

• I have no doubt he could play it. My issue comes from the fact that he's a plus defender, and it's much more important to have a good defensive 2nd baseman or 3rd baseman than left-fielder. Hell we've been throwing Morse out there lately and he has pretty much zero mobility. Plus you can get away with his limited offense as a 2nd or 3rd baseman, but you really should have a better hitter in LF. I don't mind the idea of trying Dietrich out there, but let's face it, we won't see Dietrich as an every day player under this current FO regime.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
            Prado's best position might be LF.
            Not that I want him starting in LF long-term, but he's fully capable of playing it well.
            But his bat significantly outweighs any defense he gains in the position

Comment

• I agree. As I said "not that I want to see him starting in LF." His offense out there would suck. I guess I just misinterpreted the original quote.

Comment

• Jerry Crasnick ‏@jcrasnick 57m57 minutes ago
                Also, the #Marlins are growing more confident they'll trade Mat Latos. His market is "coming into focus,'' source says.
                I'm hoping he brings something of value in return, but based off our history I'm not confident.

Comment

If you deal Ozuna, you have to replace him via trade or free agency, I don't see any way around that.
                  Morse in LF is a way around that, and let Bour platoon with someone at 1B.

I'm not saying this is a good way, but a way around it.

I suspect they'd sign a good 4th OF and roll with a 3-4 man 1B/LF platoon.

Also, they could acquire a young OF through these moves and have him be presumably ready summer 2016.

They really just need to shed salary, get a young SP, and get a longterm 3B. If they trade Ozuna, add in another young OF.

I'm fine with whatever, as long as it nets the above and clears payroll for a real SP next year.

- - - - - - - - - -

Carrasco or Salazar would also be amazing. I can't fathom they could net them, but maybe the tribe is crazy.

Comment

• Morse currently has a .592 OPS. That number probably doesn't completely show his current abilities, but it's not like his numbers are down just a little bit, he's fallen off a fucking cliff this year. If you can get anybody to take on his salary at this point, it'd probably be worth it.

- - - - - - - - - -

It's amazing how similar McGehee and Morse's numbers are.

Comment

• Prado in LF is actually a better idea than Morse in LF. I hope Morse gets released at this point.

Comment

• Cotillo told us yesterday Morse to the Giants is very likely. He said its a common rumor in the industry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                          Prado in LF is actually a better idea than Morse in LF. I hope Morse gets released at this point.
                          I agree, especially with us in such a big park.

Comment

• Hard to see a team meeting the asking price on Prado especially since it probably went up when they saw what Zobrist brought. KC has bumped up the prices on the market for all the sellers

Comment

• Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
                              Cotillo told us yesterday Morse to the Giants is very likely. He said its a common rumor in the industry.
                              It would be awesome to move him and save half or more of the K

Comment

• If we could get one of those Indians pitchers and Tyler Naquin, I would be very happy. I don't buy it though.

Comment

Working...
                                X