X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rather deal Dunn and keep Hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
      I'd prefer the Marlins trading Ozuna for a strong pitcher (if they get a fair return) and signing one of the free agent outfielders. Jason Heyward or Justin Upton would be more fun (and secure) than signing a pitcher to a big deal.
      That is true and fair. But we are probably talking at least 10+ year deals for those two, and the market will be alllll over them. Maybe Heyward takes a 4-5 year deal to cash in one more time before he gets too old but we're talking a huge AAV if he does.

Comment

• KC calling on Prado per Morosi.

Comment

• If anyone wants to know why Martin Prado is being shopped and the Fish want ALOT in return-just read this

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/writer/...anks-cubs-also

Zobrist is just a rental. Prado is signed for next year

This is also why they are floating Ozuna's name out there. If SD wants 1 or 2 Top Prospects just for a rental of Upton,the FO is imagining what a team would pay for him

Comment

• Hyped to see how they fuck up this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGG View Post
              Hyped to see how they fuck up this time.
              O they will somehow don't worry. They won't trade anyone and then say the return wasn't great so they just kept them. If Cincy can get that package for Cueto,we should be about to trade Latos and Haren very easily

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                O they will somehow don't worry. They won't trade anyone and then say the return wasn't great so they just kept them. If Cincy can get that package for Cueto,we should be about to trade Latos and Haren very easily
                The 3 pitchers are completely different.
                Cueto is an ace.
                Latos is a pitcher who's struggled for the most part but has upside.
                Haren sucks.

Not sure why you would bring up the Cueto deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                  Cueto is an ace.
                  Haren sucks.

I think Latos is most similar to Kazmir, if we're looking for a pitcher traded this season to compare him to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                    Cueto is an ace.
                    Haren sucks.

Latos is a lot more like Cueto than you think. He's a slightly cheaper option but he's definitely a good guy to grab if you're looking for a number 2 or 3.

Haren is garbage which is why I expect the FO extends him rather than trades him.

Comment

• Cueto has a 155 ERA+ since 2011. His lowest is 135.

Latos's career high ERA+ is 126. Just 110 in his career.

Kazmir is very much more the more apt comparison and he didn't get much at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by nny View Post
                        Cueto has a 155 ERA+ since 2011. His lowest is 135.

ERA+ is just one stat and it ignores everything except earned runs by only standardizing them across the league. So I don't see how that shows the whole picture.

Also what someone has done for the past 5 years isn't that important when considering we only care about the next 3 months of performance in these cases.
                        Code:
                                              K%       BB%   BABIP  LOB%    HR/FB   FIP
                        Cueto 2015  23.3 %   5.6 %   .234     76.4 %    8.5 %   3.13
                        -------career  20.2 %   7.1 %   .271     76.9 %   10.0 %  3.80	
                        Latos 2015   21.2 %   6.7 %   .297	   65.1 %    9.2 %   3.34	
                        -------career  21.9 %	   7.2 %   .280     73.1 %    8.5 %   3.40
                        For the rest of the season, Cueto's performance is likely to be worse than it has so far this year whereas Latos is likely to be better than it has thus far this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by nny View Post
                          Cueto has a 155 ERA+ since 2011. His lowest is 135.

They got a solid return imo and I would not mind that at all for Latos. http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/keit...r/post?id=4131

Comment

• I personally think Latos and Haren are more like what Kazmir fetched which are 2 mid level prospects but I am just responding to a Frisaro tweet in which he said the Marlins got a better indicator of what they could get from the Cueto deal. Cincy got a great package-2 likely ML arms in 2016 and a solid project arm for a rental

If someone offered a Brandon Finnegan(ML SP/RP next year) i would jump all over that and would not even ask for 2 others

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                              I personally think Latos and Haren are more like what Kazmir fetched which are 2 mid level prospects but I am just responding to a Frisaro tweet in which he said the Marlins got a better indicator of what they could get from the Cueto deal. Cincy got a great package-2 likely ML arms in 2016 and a solid project arm for a rental

If someone offered a Brandon Finnegan(ML SP/RP next year) i would jump all over that and would not even ask for 2 others
                              If you think Haren is going to bring back anything of value, be prepared to be upset. Latos can, and should though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay View Post
                                Also what someone has done for the past 5 years isn't that important when considering we only care about the next 3 months of performance in these cases.
                                It matters because track history matters. Cueto has a 5 year track history of posting ERA's a lot better than his FIP. He has shown it's a skill set.

Cueto is an ace. Only Kershaw has been better at preventing runs since 2011.

Latos is, as you said, a 2-3.

Comment

Working...
                                X