Adeiny Hechavarria to Miss at Least a Few Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injury: Adeiny Hechavarria to Miss at Least a Few Games

Can't wait till after the season and this shitshow gets blamed on injuries instead of just putting together a shitty team

Marlins shortstop Adeiny Hechavarria expects to miss at least a couple of games after he was involved in a collision in the ninth inning of Friday’s 4-3 win over the Mets at Citi Field.Hechavarria, who started all of Miami’s first 49 games, injured his left shoulder after running into left fielder Christian Yelich on Daniel Murphy’s bloop double. Donovan Solano got the nod at shortstop on Saturday.
    More on Hechavarria’s status will be known after he is examined by a doctor at Citi Field on Saturday. Hechavarria did say he wouldn’t be able to play on Sunday, either.
    “I’m just waiting for the doctor to come in and evaluate me, and then I’ll have a better understanding of where I’ll be after today,” Hechavarria said.
    Hechavarria and Yelich were both shaken up on Murphy’s floater that landed between the two Miami defenders.
    “I was looking to see how deep Yelich was playing,” Hechavarria said. “I noticed he was getting close to me, and I slowed down. I went down to the ground, and he slid at the same time. That’s when it happened.”
    The collision occurred with one out, but Hechavarria opted to remain in the game, although he knew he wouldn’t have been able to hit if the game went to extra innings.
    “As far as hitting, I knew I couldn’t hit,” he said. “My shoulder was bothering me. It was tight. As far as getting taken out of the game at that moment. My shoulder hurt. I got the wind knocked out of me, and it was tough for me to breath. There was one out. If a play was hit to me, I was going to do whatever I could to get them out.”
    If Hechavarria is out for an extended period, shortstop Miguel Rojas is a likely candidate to be called up from Triple-A New Orleans.
    http://joefrisaro.mlblogs.com/
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Rojas should be called up right now, even if he's only out for 3 games. I can't take Solano at SS for more than a game.

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
      Rojas should be called up right now, even if he's only out for 3 games. I can't take Solano at SS for more than a game.
      This should happen considering the team already has 4 bench bats. They haven't put up if Urena or Hand will start again. Send Urena down.

Comment

I'm not saying Solano is better than Hech, because that's ridiculous, but I do find this to be kind of funny: http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.asp...ers=8623,10459

Comment

Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
          I'm not saying Solano is better than Hech, because that's ridiculous, but I do find this to be kind of funny: http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.asp...ers=8623,10459
          It is funny, but it mostly just speaks to just how bad Hech was in 2013 (worst WAR, wasn't it?).

Really hope we get to see what Rojas can do.

Comment

12/13 -2.4
            14/15 1.4

Solano was 1.0 in 2012 and 0 since (-0.1, 0.5, -0.4)

Comment

Rojas didn't play last night.

Comment

Working...
              X