Dan Jennings Era Begins with a 13 Inning Loss to Diamondbacks, 2-3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dan Jennings Era Begins with a 13 Inning Loss to Diamondbacks, 2-3

I'm not talking about anything except trading prospects for money...

More than likely, German was in that trade for the $.

I'm honestly not even sure what you're arguing in regards for

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
      I'm not talking about anything except trading prospects for money...

More than likely, German was in that trade for the $.

I'm honestly not even sure what you're arguing in regards for
      I'm saying that I don't think Jones and Eovaldi gets Phelps and Prado.

Comment

Ah, okay.

I disagree, as Prado doesn't have all that much value (was traded for just a C+ prospect a couple months earlier) and Phelps was coming off an age 27 season with bad ERA and FIP. While Eovaldi was coming off an age 24 season with a great 3.37 FIP and 3.59 FIP the year before). Eovaldi gets that done, plus convinces them to take Jones off our hands, no problem in my mind.
        Last edited by nny; 05-19-2015, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
          Ah, okay.

I disagree, as Prado doesn't have all that much value (was traded for just a C+ prospect a couple months earlier) and Phelps was coming off an age 27 season with bad ERA and FIP. While Eovaldi was coming off an age 24 season with a great 3.37 FIP and 3.59 FIP the year before). Eovaldi gets that done, plus convinces them to take Jones off our hands, no problem in my mind.
          He is just a C+ prospect but O'Brien is a power hitting catcher which has always been a rare commodity; the dbacks most likely overvalued him. Dbacks also got a PTBNL not sure who it was and were probably financially motivated. Prado also raised his stock in the 34 games with the yankees (.877 OPS vs .686 with the dbacks); his value wasn't the same.

I just don't see Eovaldi and Jones getting Phelps and Prado and a C+ prospect netting $6 million. I might just be undervaluing Eovaldi but I think it's just the Yankees don't care about giving the cash to improve the return.

Also if the money was spent on someone other than Prado (i.e., Shields), I would have no problem sending a C+ prospect in A ball to have a legitimate contender. Obviously that wasn't the case though but Prado at $4.5 million/year for 2 years is a steal.

Comment

Working...
          X