Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Gordon Have a Shot At Breaking Ichiro's Hit Record?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Gordon Have a Shot At Breaking Ichiro's Hit Record?

I'm not a full Marlins fan but some of the players are just spectacular, and Gordon is one of the best. His average dropped 13 points in the last few days but he's still a beast. I wrote up a little piece on him in my blog and I feel that if he can keep this up and get enough at bats, he could make a run for the hit record, or at least get very close to it.

The Marlins have now played 38 games and during that time, he has recorded 63 hits which now puts him on pace for 268. What do you think?

http://zxs.sportsblog.com/posts/2452...ee-gordon.html

I feel if Bryce Harper can keep this up and get enough at bats, he could make a run for the single season batter WAR record, or at least get very close to it.

Comment

Look, as much as I like Dee Gordon and I think the Marlins really lucked out and got a much better player than expected, I think it's not realistic to say he's gonna reach 268 or 250 or 220 hits. 200 is likely the mark that we can hope for right now, which is great. I don't know the specifics, but I know he's BABIP is damn near .480 and he still only walks about 6% of the time. He's going to normalize and just be a good hitter and that's fine. If he has 200 hits or more than that, hooray, that's great and no one should put that down. But the talk of 270 hits or a .400 average is just a little too much for any hitter, even Ichiro or the late Tony Gwynn in their primes.

Comment

Working...
      X