• What an asshole.

Comment

• Samson as manager would have been GLORIOUS

- - - - - - - - - -

My question for DJ would be:

"Do you consider yourself a grinder?"

"Are you going to be able to grind out wins?"

Comment

• Dan Jennings looks and sounds like a mix between a deer caught in the headlights and a proud grand parent

- - - - - - - - - -

DJ Leader of Men

DJ Motivator
        STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• Manny Navarro ‏@Manny_Navarro 17s17 seconds ago Miami, FL
          Dan Jennings said he will wear No. 26 because he's the 26th man in the clubhouse #Marlins
          That made me laugh.
          LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• I will say one positive thing: if the higher ups truly felt that Red was not the right man for the job, I'm happy they made this move now rather than later towards the middle of the season once Jose is back.
            STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• For those of you who missed the presser and/or Waltz's interview with Hill after, I tweeted important quotes on the SFM twitter
              Originally posted by Madman81
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Interesting stat thrown out by Minervini during this broadcast:

Marlins rankings in RBI by position in NL - 4th spot is 13th, 5th spot is last, and 6th spot is 14th

- - - - - - - - - -

So was Jeff Conine never truly considered? Im surprised that question wasn't asked. Should be an awkward moment on Marlins Live tonight.

- - - - - - - - - -

Or I should say, rather than considered, I guess "offered" or "strongly considered."
                STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• On facebook, after lamenting the firing of Redmond and Leary, Lenny Harris said "But Jennings is a very smart man who knows a lot about the Game"

I asked him if he thought players would respond to DJ or if the dynamic would be strange, and he said "I think the team will respond because we have a very good team we just started out slow and well"
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

• Slow and well? uhhh

Comment

• Some of you are putting way too much stock into how much of an impact a manager actually has.

Comment

• DJ is just like Redmond except less manager exp. The FO loves him,the players and coaches do to. The issue is he has never coached anywhere and hasn't even considered it before yesterday. He felt like he had to after it was brought up at a meeting. Yes the meeting that Loria wasn't even at,where he was told they need a manager and he suggested DJ.

As for Conine,talk is he was offered and even accepted however after talking both Conine and the FO realized he wasn't ready.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valid View Post
                          Some of you are putting way too much stock into how much of an impact a manager actually has.
                          I actually like the idea that managers might be viewed as borderline irrelevant if Jennings wins.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                          DJ is just like Redmond except less manager exp. The FO loves him,the players and coaches do to. The issue is he has never coached anywhere and hasn't even considered it before yesterday. He felt like he had to after it was brought up at a meeting. Yes the meeting that Loria wasn't even at,where he was told they need a manager and he suggested DJ.

As for Conine,talk is he was offered and even accepted however after talking both Conine and the FO realized he wasn't ready.
                          Experience is irrelevant.
                          The issue is that Jeffrey Loria is a terrible owner.

Comment

• Two things Jennings can do to be happy with this. Using splits to decide who to be pinch hitting/lineups and when a guy sits, his replacement isnt just slotted into said replaced player.

Comment

• I feel like we're are playing real life out of the park baseball. Any of us that play it could essentially do the job right?

Comment

• Given that Jennings signed Morse I assume Bour will never see the light of day again

Comment

Working...
                                X