No announcement yet.

Marlins Fire Redmond and Leary, Name GM Dan Jennings New Manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marlins like fiery managers who've been retired for a few years? Obviously, we're getting Lou Pinella.

- - - - - - - - - -

Other old guys include Ron Gardenhire and Charlie Manuel.

- - - - - - - - - -

So is Bobby Valentine.

Comment

This guy is available.

Glover.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
        Well it has nothing to do with the 3-16 stat and more to do with him looking lost at the plate. Yelich is OPS'ing like .500 right now and is adding little to the team. Ichiro's OPS isn't much better but I wouldn't mind Yelich spending a couple weeks getting his bat back in AAA before coming back up. Things aren't working right now so I don't see the problem in trying to switch some things up. And like I said Yelich is just 23 years old and will be here a long time. I don't see a few weeks or even beyond a month in AAA hurting his development or the major league team in the least.

Comment

Benching Yelich for Ichiro would be extra dumb.

Comment

Fiery.

Comment

Yelich probably provides more value on defense alone than Ichiro does as a whole at this point.

Comment

How about we give Yelich 2 full weeks before demoting him. This is Salty all over again.

Comment

We did have that kid doing the angels in the outfield wings behind home plate in the 9th inning

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCLA7cnqA9g

Comment

• To be fair, he has options so he could be sent down for a couple of weeks just to straighten things out. It's not that outrageous, just only a little bit.

Comment

• [tweet]600036536868966400[/tweet]

Comment

• I hadn't thought of it, but since someone mentioned it, I think it's gonna be Bobby Valentine now.

Comment

• Your all probably right. A .500 OPS after nearly 100 AB's just kills me. Definitely knee jerk thinking on my part. It just hurts to see Yelich struggling so hard, even before the injury. He looks like a AA player hitting this season.

Comment

• It would have made more sense to give him more than 3 rehab games before returning

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                                I hadn't thought of it, but since someone mentioned it, I think it's gonna be Bobby Valentine now.
                                If it is Valentine you just have to laugh. There's really no other reaction to have.

Comment

Working...
                                X