No announcement yet.

Marlins Fire Redmond and Leary, Name GM Dan Jennings New Manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, this shouldn't have been the tipping point on whether you would not support Loria's actions or not.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
      Yeah, this shouldn't have been the tipping point on whether you would not support Loria's actions or not.
      Because frankly you should've been pushed passed the tipping point already.

Comment

The question should really be, why the fuck did we hire this guy in the first place? What did anyone expect of Mike Redmond??? He had never managed a game in his life! This organization is just stupid!
        STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Originally posted by BigGameFish View Post
          You don't see the Heat firing Spolestra halfway through a season because the team has injuries or is not playing up to par. Shit even the Dolphins wait for the offseason to make their dumb moves. This just screams "I have no idea what the fuck I am doing!"
          Your mistake is thinking the Marlins are run like a competent sports organization.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
            If they actually give Haines the job, then I'm glad this happened.
            You know literally nothing about him other than BA said he's x-best manager prospect. That's really weird.

Comment

The question should really be, why the fuck did we hire this guy in the first place? What did anyone expect of Mike Redmond??? He had never managed a game in his life! This organization is just stupid!
              He was a yes man that Loria and the FO could push around. It made sense in their mind. Why did they give him a 3 year extension is the better question.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                Your mistake is thinking the Marlins are run like a competent sports organization.
                I never thought they were. And what I am saying is exactly based on that. I'm tired of not seeing that truth change. Year after year its the same garbage.
                STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Redmond managed in the Blue Jays organization, guy
                  Originally posted by Madman81
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

You were expecting someone cheap and inexperienced to lose a lot. That's what he did in 2013 and 2014. That was the point. He was going to learn on the job for a couple of years where nothing was expected. The reason they gave him an extension after last season is because they felt like he could handle the big leagues well enough to win with a good enough roster. And he probably can but the roster they gave him was .500 at best and when they are slumping (as they are) are not a good team. They lost Redmond but barring a sudden influx of good, consistent pitching, they won't win anymore than they have been.

Comment

[insert Vince McMahon montage here]
                      This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

He had never managed a game in his life!
                        1) Incorrect.
                        2) Even if it were correct...terrible argument.

Comment

You're right, I had forgotten about that
                          STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
                            We're 3-16 when Yelich starts this season.
                            Oh wow...that's crazy.

Given how bad Yelich has been, plus the fact he's only 23 and a lot of time to grow, I wouldn't mind Ichiro becoming the full time starter.

3-16 is absolutely nuts. Clearly it isn't just him, but stats wise Yelich is hurting the team right now.

Comment

The Heat are one of the best run organizations in sports. It's unfair to compare this hot mess of a team to them.

Comment

The bottom line is that managers are overrated, and this incompetent organization is now paying 3 in one year as they continually cry about not being able to spend on players like other teams.

Comment

Working...
                                X