Ramos to Receive "Bulk" of Save Opportunities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7th in FIP, 1st in BABIP.

I won't disagree with you about that but it's more annoying he only logged .2 innings than gave up 5 runs last night.

Comment

Should be Ramos closing and Dyson setting up until some of the other guys get their shit together. I still don't think that Cishek is done. Either way, I hope that they don't go outside of the organization to look for a closer as I don't think it's necessary. The difference between making the playoffs and not making the playoffs probably won't be the bullpen. This same bullpen was pretty good last year. + If our rotation ever gets fully healthy, that should help the depth of the bullpen as well since a starter or two will have to pitch out of the pen.

I'm glad they have no interest in Soriano. I'm not even sure if he's an upgrade. He was garbage in the 2nd half last year. The other options are KRod & Papelbon who I don't want either.

Comment

Soriano is no better than some of our current garbage (Cisheck and Hand).

So awesome that they are no longer showing interest in him.

Brad Hands FIP really has me scratching my head reference FIP

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
          Soriano is no better than some of our current garbage (Cisheck and Hand).

So awesome that they are no longer showing interest in him.

Brad Hands FIP really has me scratching my head reference FIP
          .397 BABIP, 57% LOB, 7.02 K/9 IP, 2.70 BB/9, no home runs allowed. His 3.57 xFIP is probably a better assessment. People are using confirmation bias with his 6.48 ERA to jump to the conclusion he sucks. He hasn't been that bad this season.

He's probably had two or three bad outings, at most. http://www.fangraphs.com/statsd.aspx...111&position=P
          Last edited by marlinsfan24; 05-14-2015, 11:51 AM.

Comment

I can't think of a long reliever that the majority of fans actually. It's a role on the team that you're basically guaranteed to be hated.

Comment

I like hand as a reliever. I just never want him to touch the rotation again.

Comment

ISWYDT

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
                  I like hand as a reliever. I just never want him to touch the rotation again.
                  I can understand that but he's the ideal guy to make a spot start to avoid a roster move. Still not wanting to see Hand in the rotation should have no impact on trading Haren.

Comment

Working...
                  X