No announcement yet.

Cishek Blows Another Save As Marlins Lose to Dodgers 3-5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah Koehler closing is never going to happen and I'd rather see him in middle relief where he would log 2 ip per game anyways

Comment

Our guy has more blown saves already this season than he had in each of the previous two years. I'm sorry, he needs to be at least sent down to work on mechanics or something because he is just pitching like shit. Can we option him?

Comment

Did anyone else notice Cishek was kind of pushing his pitches to the right? Seems like he has a new arm angle slot he's throwing from and it causes him to miss the mark more.

Seems like either a mechanical thing or he's hurt. Idk.

Comment

Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
          Our guy has more blown saves already this season than he had in each of the previous two years. I'm sorry, he needs to be at least sent down to work on mechanics or something because he is just pitching like shit. Can we option him?
          he has just over 4 years of service and has options remaining, so yeah

Comment

Yes, he can be sent down. I think the cutoff for consent is five years of service time.
            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

[tweet]597993466925359104[/tweet]

lol

Comment

He's not wrong though.

Comment

[tweet]598001925045366784[/tweet]

- - - - - - - - - -

[tweet]598003009822461953[/tweet]

Comment

I just want to say thank you for all you guys on this board not calling Cishek the worst pitcher to ever walk the face of the earth. I think I'm done read the 'other' board for some time since most of the comments literally read like retreads of people's opinions on Heath Bell in 2012.

Don't get me wrong, Cishek should and is going to lose the closer role now, and will likely go into really low leverage situations for some time, but it's crazy how the lynch mob was ready with pitchforks and torches ready to throw Cishek overboard. All of you guys know how good he is and understand it's likely a confidence issue mixed in with poor pitch placement and lack of bite on his slider anymore. He really needs time to just clear his head, work with a pitching coach hardcore and work some 8-1 scores over the next few weeks and get himself a rhythm while Ramos tries to see if he has closer stuff in him. I'm usually good on being ok with everyone getting angry in situations like these, but it's really upsetting how quickly people look to point fingers when things go wrong (even if in cases like this it's obvious).

It's just annoying that people think Cishek is unfixable after this poor month of 11 innings after having over 250 mostly great innings before them. I haven't been more annoyed with our own fan base in some time.

I mean fine, vent your anger at the Cishek sucking and these being winnable games. I just wish people would realize it's still early May, we're 3 games under .500 not 13, and that this situation can still be very easily fixed. It really sucks to lose this game and I'm angry to, but some people need to try and hold things together better (which is a bit ironic since I'm getting bent out of shape about all the yelling and screaming on the other board.

Comment

skews a little older over here, that sums it up

I'm not 100% convinced he can be fixed. Relievers are volatile. He wouldn't be the first and won't be the last. Wouldn't surprise me if he's never a full-time closer again. But, it also wouldn't surprise me if he rights the ship.

What's happening right now is why I'd never pay relief pitchers.

- - - - - - - - - -

The big difference between Cishek and Bell is how they're carrying themselves and reacting to this.

Bell was kind of defiant and a tool about it all. Cishek seems absolutely crushed (which is another reason we need to stop running him out there btw).

Comment

His release point is different this year and could influence his ability to throw his pitches.

Like Hugg says relievers are volatile which is why when running on such a small budget you can't afford to pay one.

Comment

That's a big reason why I think a lot of this is confidence related. I feel he's letting emotions dictate a lot of the pitches he's throwing and is afraid to throw some of his better pitches with any kind of authority (mainly why his slider was either missing the plate by a mile or a meatball right down the middle today). I know there's no right or wrong answer yet, but he's only 28 years old and has a great track record of success. If you've looked over his career a good deal of times his bad games come in clusters, where he'll have bad games not too far apart and then go on scoreless runs.

I really feel he just needs to clear his head, fix his mechanics, trust his stuff and get work in non late game roles. But like you said it is 100% that most relievers are incredibly volatile and can simply lose it at any moment. For all we know 2014 could've been the last good Cishek season.

Comment

Tonight it just seemed to me he was trying to paint the corners way too much. Trying almost too hard to be perfect. He should have gone after them more over the plate. Maybe it would have gotten hit, maybe not. But trying to nibble the corner was not working tonight.

Comment

I would give the job to Ramos, or at least the first shot. He seems to have righted some of the control issues (so far) and clearly has the best stuff of anyone in our bullpen.

Career

Low Leverage
                              Ramos .174/.290/.239 Cishek .227/.306/.331

Med Leverage
                              Ramos .172/.305/.313 Cishek .219/.282/.309

High Leverage
                              Ramos .206/.319/.298 Cishek .213/.306/.323

- - - - - - - - - -

I'm probably gonna regret posting this, but:

AJ Ramos has allowed 1 HR since June 5, 2013

thats 127 appearances and 131.1ip

May 28, 2014 vs. Wilson Ramos

Comment

If Ramos gives up a homerun to Ramos, is it really a homerun?

Comment

Working...
                                X