Madison Bumgarner Ain't Shit; Marlins Win 6-2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postgame: Madison Bumgarner Ain't Shit; Marlins Win 6-2

They struck out 15 times and still scored 6 runs.

Wizard Of Oz heating up.

Beyond the HR, he threw a laser beam to 3B to keep a runner at 2B

- - - - - - - - - -

Stanton is in the I've Never Played Baseball portion of his season

The good news: he does this every year and then he snaps out of it and goes on a home run barrage.

How many of the other 4 times that the marlins won and struck out 15 times were in 2006?

Comment

I've only watched about 6 innings (from last night) of these first two games. Does Yelich have a hit yet? He still doesn't seem fully himself at the plate. A rehab assignment certainly would have helped. I hope he's not in the top of the order today if Gordon is back.
      STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

he's 0/8 with a walk and 5 strikeouts since being activated

he went 3/9 with a double and a walk in 3 rehab games with Jupiter

Comment

He's got a lot of rust to get off still. Why did they only do a 3 game rehab?

Comment

That's pretty common length for missing 2 weeks of games. It's not like he was out for months.

Comment

They have the 5th best run differential in the NL, without 3 of their best 5 players (Fernandez, Yelich, Alvarez) doing anything. Small sample size, but it says a lot with the 3-11 start and those 3 injuries.

Two in front of them - NYM and ARI - I see falling out eventually. Washington currently has a worse run differential, but that'll radically improve I imagine.

I think it's pretty fair to say top 5 team in the NL moving forward.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
                That's pretty common length for missing 2 weeks of games. It's not like he was out for months.
                I'd expect timing to be off still after missing 2 weeks of games. I mean they're complaining about the 10 day waiver period being too long; that's a shorter time period.

I'd expect Yelich's timing to be off currently and that have an impact on his strike zone judgment.

Comment

I just hope it's timing and not a lingering injury
                  STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Originally posted by BigGameFish View Post
                    I just hope it's timing and not a lingering injury
                    I hope that's not the case too. I would think the organization and Yelich would be smart enough to see that him missing an extra week or 2 isn't going to be a problem. I mean obviously the team is better off with Yelich and Ichiro than Ichiro and Brignac but the 3-5 PA a week Brignac gets aren't going to make or break the team.

Plus Brignac being on the team may have brought in some new members from a demographic that is lacking on most baseball message boards.

Comment

Yelich batting 5th today.

Stanton getting a rest. Ichiro batting 3rd.
                      STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

No Bour or Realmuto. Also Gordon is back.

Comment

Yelich will be fine. He took just about every at bat to a full count and was up against one of the best LHP in baseball yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                          X