Marlins Come from Behind to Walk Off Vs PHI 4-3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postgame: Marlins Come from Behind to Walk Off Vs PHI 4-3

The Wizard Of Oz 4-4 with game winning knock.

Dee Gordon still HOT.

This is a World Championship team when Ichiro starts.

8-2 since Loria had it leaked he might fire the manager they all love.

Loria, saving the season.

Comment

Jeffrey Loria: The Puppet Master.

Comment

Classic Loria.

- - - - - - - - - -

This team has the fire.

Comment

Ichiro got robbed by Ben Revere. I've watched it in slo-mo five times and I still can't believe the ball didn't touch the grass.

Tom Koehler Koehler'd the first 3 innings. Then he Koehler'd the 4th inning.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
            Ichiro got robbed by Ben Revere. I've watched it in slo-mo five times and I still can't believe the ball didn't touch the grass.

Tom Koehler Koehler'd the first 3 innings. Then he Koehler'd the 4th inning.
            I was sitting right there next to it and I could've sworn I saw it on the ground underneath him before he held it up, but that was real time, one look. I recorded the game -- I'll have to go check that play out.

Comment

Hell of a game. I almost blew it. Do I start the next game thread, or does namaste?

Comment

Daft does.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
                  Realmuto .357ops vs. R weeee
                  Correction: It's actually .358 (43pa). We apologize to J.T. for the error.

Comment

3-10 start, 8-2 next 10 games. And yet I feel like the teams record right now (11-12) is probably around their talent level.

Comment

So what you're saying is this team's talent level is essentially no better than last year's? I don't agree with that.

Comment

Is anyone else surprised that Dee and Hech currently rank 2 and 3 in OPS for this team?

Comment

Gordon's run absolutely will not last. He has a .477 BABIP and has only drawn four walks. He will likely always be a high BABIP guy because of his speed, but .477 is probably 130-150 points (minimum) over where he will end up. But hey; he's been huge during this run.

Hech has a high BABIP as well (.368), but his case is a bit more interesting because his power numbers are way up. He currently has a .153 ISO and already had more home runs this year than he had all of last season, so that gives me some hope that it isn't just a case of small sample size. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Valid View Post
                            Gordon's run absolutely will not last. He has a .477 BABIP and has only drawn four walks. He will likely always be a high BABIP guy because of his speed, but .477 is probably 130-150 points (minimum) over where he will end up. But hey; he's been huge during this run.

Hech has a high BABIP as well (.368), but his case is a bit more interesting because his power numbers are way up. He currently has a .153 ISO and already had more home runs this year than he had all of last season, so that gives me some hope that it isn't just a case of small sample size. We'll see.
                            I think you're a little off on where Gordon's babip will end up. If he drops over 150 points, he'd be having an unlucky year with his speed. He's currently on pace to double his infield hits.

Comment

Originally posted by jay576 View Post
                              I think you're a little off on where Gordon's babip will end up. If he drops over 150 points, he'd be having an unlucky year with his speed. He's currently on pace to double his infield hits.
                              Pace is a dangerous concept this early in the season. If his BABIP drops 150 points, that puts him at .327, which is still fairly high (was .346 last year). My guess is his BABIP will probably end up somewhere between .330 and .350.

Comment

Working...
                              X