Cishek Blows 2nd Save As Marlins Lose 5th Straight to Mets This Season, 1-3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not allowed to truck people anymore.

I do like that we play Boston in game 114 though, that's good attention to detail.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGG View Post

I do like that we play Boston in game 114 though, that's good attention to detail.
      Pretty sure Manfred would make an exception for Samson to be run over.

Comment

These visions don't fuck around.

Comment

Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
          OPSing under .600 in a relatively minor sample size and a clear upgrade defensively.
          I mean, sure.

67 MLB at-bats: .239/.257/.343
          PECOTA ROS projection: .237/.286/.338
          ZiPS ROS projection: .244/.293/.353
          Steamer ROS projection: .238/.287/.350

Are we absolutely certain we're not, 1) Asking entirely too much from Realmuto and, 2) Not setting him up to fail spectacularly without a safety net?
          poop

Comment

I'm absolutely certain we're doing both those things
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Mathis will lead this team in games started at C this year. I think Realmuto will be in AAA by May 31.

Comment

Can we call Pudge and ask him to dust off his cleats?

Comment

Can't figure out how to embed tweets

https://twitter.com/ken_rosenthal/st...58620947894274
                  poop

Comment

Cishek's had stretches like this before and then he comes out throwing harder and putting together 20+ saves in a row. It's too early to worry about him. He had thrown four consecutive scoreless innings before last night.

- - - - - - - - - -

Mathis will lead this team in games started at C this year. I think Realmuto will be in AAA by May 31.
                    They probably won't be any worse than Saltalamacchia.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                      Cishek's had stretches like this before and then he comes out throwing harder and putting together 20+ saves in a row. It's too early to worry about him. He had thrown four consecutive scoreless innings before last night.
                      I don't think anyone is worried about him right now. The point is the club is spending $6.6 million on a guy who is going to cost the team as many games as his replacement making the league minimum would.

When the club has an OPS of ~.500 coming from the catcher versus right handers, it's a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by jay576 View Post
                        I don't think anyone is worried about him right now. The point is the club is spending $6.6 million on a guy who is going to cost the team as many games as his replacement making the league minimum would.

When the club has an OPS of ~.500 coming from the catcher versus right handers, it's a problem.
                        i think there are multiple people concerned about his lack of velocity

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                          Can't figure out how to embed tweets

https://twitter.com/ken_rosenthal/st...58620947894274

wrap the [ TWEET ] code (minus the spaces of course) around the tweet id

so [ TWEET ]593058620947894274[ /TWEET ] becomes

[TWEET]593058620947894274[/TWEET]
                          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

mf24 already pointed out that his velocity was the same in april last year. It just didn't affect his performance then.

Comment

I'm gonna do the bobbob thing here...show me on the doll where Jarrod touched you

How can you say Mathis (32 years old, career .561 OPS and 52 OPS+ (52!!!!!)) and a career .600 OPS MILB bat won't be worse than Saltalamacchia?

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                                wrap the [ TWEET ] code (minus the spaces of course) around the tweet id

so [ TWEET ]593058620947894274[ /TWEET ] becomes

[TWEET]593058620947894274[/TWEET]
                                slider velocity is down from last april, horizontal movement is up, vertical movement is down. His effectiveness right now probably comes down to not being able to throw this pitch.

- - - - - - - - - -

Also currently allowing 100% line drives for balls in play with his sinker.

Comment

Working...
                                X