• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, fuck.

Comment

yep, forget that notion.

Comment

I do admire how he just dropped that like we didn't know who he was and hadn't been talking about him.

Tj is the best.

Comment

Look, I've never thought that Redmond is a good manager but it seems foolish to fire anyone after thirteen games, especially when the organization had enough faith in him a few months ago to give him a three-year extension. It's not a matter of poor on-field managing, it's a matter of poor organizational management from top-down. Organizational philosophy isn't going to change whether it's Redmond or Backman or McKeon or Hugg and that means you still won't see platoons, shifts, or other smart and statistically savvy means of approaching the game. That's the real problem right now and nothing will change regardless of what old guy is in a baseball uniform each night.

Comment

I definitely would do what I was told. I like money.

#HireHugg

Comment

They should hire Eric Byrnes as manager (He's young, fiery and mentioned FIP once on-air) and Brian Kenny (and his hairline) as the one-man front office.

#Sabermetrics #Analytics #Intelligencia #KillTheWin #WAR #xFIP #SMART #Platoons #BABIP #Bobbie #Dietrich #SkipworthExtension #FRAA #.TAv #Trout #Rdrs
              Last edited by NoNames7225; 04-20-2015, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
                I do admire how he just dropped that like we didn't know who he was and hadn't been talking about him.

Tj is the best.
                Well unlike U many on this board don't follow the minors and probably have no clue who he is.

It is whatever tho-he isn't on the hotseat.

Platoons/shifts? Who would u like to platoon-Baker at 1B/2B? Maybe Ichiro in CF? Come on!! What this team needs is for guys who are supposedly major leaguers to start playing like them. Bases Loaded 1 Out and 0 runs to show(Salty-make contact),6 Walks in an inning or 2(Bullpen-throw a strike),Strikeouts and bad routes to balls(Yelich-pitch over head do not swing),Showing up whenever and just swinging at anything(Ozuna),wife having a big ass mouth and u pitching like crap(Latos-how fast is that fastball now 79?)

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                  Well unlike U many on this board don't follow the minors and probably have no clue who he is.

It is whatever tho-he isn't on the hotseat.

Platoons/shifts? Who would u like to platoon-Baker at 1B/2B? Maybe Ichiro in CF? Come on!! What this team needs is for guys who are supposedly major leaguers to start playing like them. Bases Loaded 1 Out and 0 runs to show(Salty-make contact),6 Walks in an inning or 2(Bullpen-throw a strike),Strikeouts and bad routes to balls(Yelich-pitch over head do not swing),Showing up whenever and just swinging at anything(Ozuna),wife having a big ass mouth and u pitching like crap(Latos-how fast is that fastball now 79?)
                  Man that post took a strange turn at the end.

Comment

I haven't followed the Fish closely since 2012. Sad too see some things never change. I remember Redmond from his days as a player, and I'm saddened to see him be yet another punching bag manager for Loria to deflect responsibility from himself for the fiasco surrounding this team.

At least I just discovered this forum, and as they say, misery loves company.
                    Last edited by Fishy Lawyer; 04-20-2015, 02:36 PM.
                    Committing Baseball malpractice one season at a time

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishy Lawyer View Post
                        I haven't followed the Fish closely since 2012. Sad too see some things never change. I remember Redmond from his days as a player, and I'm saddened to see him be yet another punching bag manager for Loria to deflect responsibility from himself for the fiasco surrounding this team.

At least I just discovered this forum, and as they say, misery loves company.
                        Firing Redmond is just a deflection from the real problems but he isn't a good manager to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                          (Latos-how fast is that fastball now 79?)
                          92.2 MPH on average, but who's counting.
                          poop

Comment

His wife is a bitch, doe.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                              92.2 MPH on average, but who's counting.
                              Where are you pulling numbers from?

FG currently has him at 91.0 in 2015 and 92.6 in 2012 and 2013. What is really noticeable is how often he's thrown his other pitches. He was throwing his slider ~25% in 2012 and 2013 and not its at 15.5% and he's apparently added a splitter that he apparently never had before which essentially makes the difference. Has he added a splitter? Does he no longer have a good feel for his slider?

Comment

Originally posted by jay576 View Post
                                Where are you pulling numbers from?

FG currently has him at 91.0 in 2015 and 92.6 in 2012 and 2013. What is really noticeable is how often he's thrown his other pitches. He was throwing his slider ~25% in 2012 and 2013 and not its at 15.5% and he's apparently added a splitter that he apparently never had before which essentially makes the difference. Has he added a splitter? Does he no longer have a good feel for his slider?
                                BrooksBaseball.net. He is currently throwing harder than any month in 2014, and is 0.7 behind his April 2013. Velocity isn't really the issue.
                                poop

Comment

Working...
                                X