Lack of hitting explanation/excuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lack of hitting explanation/excuse

I've heard Red say he's not worried about the lack of hitting production so far, which may be a PR ploy. Honestly, I'm a little concerned. Stanton's average is in the 180's and Morse and Prado have not provided much protection.

Except for one game, the Fish are making average pitchers look like Cy Young candidates.

Anybody else concerned?

I am worried about the same things I was before he season: SS and Catcher.
    poop

Comment

I'm worried that people don't understand what a small sample size does to statistics.

Comment

It's a very small sample size, definitely, but by and large most of the hitters have looked lost and their approaches are off. But these things will work themselves out. I'm more concerned with Red's decisions with regards to the offense (not PHing Baker vs LHP, starting Salty vs LHP and resting him vs RHP, hitting Ichiro 5th, etc etc etc).
        Originally posted by Madman81
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Fire Lenny Harris

Comment

"They're trying to do too much." - Idiot fucking Rich Waltz/Tommy Hutton/Frank Menechino answer.

Comment

Individuals I'm not worried about in the organization:

Yelich
              Ozuna
              Stanton
              Prado
              Gordon
              Morse
              Cosart
              Ichiro
              Baker
              Middle relief and set up guys

I'm worried about everyone else
              Last edited by Namaste; 04-12-2015, 10:14 PM. Reason: I just saw that Mathis broke his finger too. Weeeeee

Comment

If you're not worried about Mathis you're doing it wrong
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

After the only game we've won, our 2B dunked a ball on a hoop that a pitcher who didn't make it out of the 1st inning was holding.

There's no way we don't win the NLCS.

Comment

And if Stanton is indeed pressing ---------> completely reasonable reaction to signing a HUGH contract. The guy wants to deliver and that can be a lot to deal with early on.

He'll come around.

Comment

Working...
                    X