Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marlins Trade Heaney, Hernandez, Barnes, Hatcher to Dodgers for Gordon, Haren, Rojas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb front office is dumb.

Comment

• Just because someone works in a front office it doesn't mean they are infallible. Get out of here with this appeal to authority bullshit. Front office people make bad decisions all of the time. Decisions should stand on their merits, not by the person who made it.
      poop

Comment

• There's a fair chance Kike ends up as good or better than Gordon and Kike isn't the best prospect we're giving up.

Okay then.

Comment

• I'm thinking Haren gets traded to Angels.

Comment

• Originally posted by kusch View Post
            I'm thinking Haren gets traded to Angels.
            Possible hearing Marlins are close to making another move

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
              Possible hearing Marlins are close to making another move
              You just said they planned on using him to "eat innings"

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                There's a fair chance Kike ends up as good or better than Gordon and Kike isn't the best prospect we're giving up.

Okay then.
                I sort of expect it.

Comment

• Making this trade and counting on Haren to report ou to see him retire would be such a Marlins move.

I think this is a questionable move. I understand what they think they're doing (one year below market deal for Haren, faaaaaast infielder) to keep their covenant with Stanton but Heaney is so close to ready it's hard to imagine him as the piece necessary. I feel like the prospect flotsam should have been enough. And there's no money changing hands, right? What gives?

Comment

• Some reporters speculating that the Dodgers will use some of the prospects they got from the Marlins to go after Hamels which would just make this so much more laughable.

Comment

• Barnes is who I care about losing more. I think Barnes might be the best prospect from that group. Haren has to be going somewhere else. I hope.

Comment

• This is a deal that could very well end up looking great eventually if Gordon continues to get better and becomes a good leadoff hitter for some time in Miami, and those prospects don't really pan out. That is a legitimate possibility.

That being said, looking at pure value, the Marlins seem to get hosed here. Gordon is a solid player, but you're giving up a big time prospect, a couple of young ML players with upside, and another nice prospect.

I agree with those who are most upset about giving up Barnes. I just don't get how this is what it took to get Gordon. If it's true that Arenado was available, I would have much rather given up a package like this for him.

Comment

• I hate this trade more and more by the second. And, no, this FO has not earn the benefit of the doubt for anything in the post-Cabrera world. It was the only reason I hoped Stanton wouldn't get traded because that would get fucked up somehow. These trades only are always in a position where they can only be good in hindsight and that's a problem because it's never "Wow, good move Marlins." It's "Oh, I guess Bryan Morris/Jarred Cosart/etc. was a good move." That's the sign of a bad FO that gets lucky, not one with foresight.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                            Some reporters speculating that the Dodgers will use some of the prospects they got from the Marlins to go after Hamels which would just make this so much more laughable.
                            Dan Jennings: Hey we're interested in Cole Hamels. How does Andrew Heaney, Chris Hatcher, Austin Barnes, and Kike Hernandez?

Ruben Amaro Jr: eeeeeeehh I think we can do better than that. Sorry.

5 minutes later

Andrew Friedman: Hey Ruben, just wanted to tell you we're interested in Hamels. How does Kike Hernandez, Andrew Heaney, Chris Hatcher, AND Austin Barnes sound.

Ruben Amaro Jr: Oh wow. That's fantastic. Let's get the papers drafted and signed tonight.

Andrew Friedman: :trollface

Comment

• Looks like there are a lot of Dodgers fans who are actually unhappy with this trade. Which is weird. Why?

Comment

• Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
                                I hate this trade more and more by the second. And, no, this FO has not earn the benefit of the doubt for anything in the post-Cabrera world. It was the only reason I hoped Stanton wouldn't get traded because that would get fucked up somehow. These trades only are always in a position where they can only be good in hindsight and that's a problem because it's never "Wow, good move Marlins." It's "Oh, I guess Bryan Morris/Jarred Cosart/etc. was a good move." That's the sign of a bad FO that gets lucky, not one with foresight.
                                That's pretty ridiculous. When Maybin and Miller bust out it's a horrible move, but when their moves pay off, it's luck? How can you give the FO no credit when guys they trade for pan out?

Comment

Working...
                                X