Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marlins Trade Heaney, Hernandez, Barnes, Hatcher to Dodgers for Gordon, Haren, Rojas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigGameFish View Post
    Exactly.

How about be happy we're making moves that improve the club now rather than hoping for improvement in years...
    Except we're making moves that both hurt the club now and later.

Comment

now I remember this is the board of cranky fans that are impossible to please
      And you're the guy that knows not a damn thing about baseball.

Comment

Kike is basically Donovan Solano with slightly more upside
        STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
          A handful of starts (or whatever it was in the big leagues) does not make Heaney a bust, Hatcher improved, Kike does not become irrelevant just because you acquire Gordon (actually I hate losing Kike), and Barnes might actually be better long-term than all three of those catchers.

Dan Haren's value is close to nothing at this point in his career. There was no reason to pursue him, really. This is assuming he even pitches for us since he might retire, apparently.
          O I agree with u I am just saying that is how they viewed them. Hatcher had no spot really/Kike would be a 4th OF or UT guy(Donovan Solano) and Barnes has no position even more with Dee Gordon around

Heaney the FO just soured on-since last week they had been calling teams telling them if interested he can be had a young ML IF(2B/3B)

Comment

I'm not impossible to please. I like Dee Gordon as a player. I think he's a good version of Emilio Bonifacio and that is a good player to have on a roster. I'm not saying he's a replacement level player here. He is good. But he's not good enough to waste every fucking piece of leverage you had to acquire. If this was Disco + Hatcher + Barnes for just Gordon, I'd be ok with it.

But it's not. It's our best prospect, #18 overall in baseball with those above pieces (minus Disco) and a player that has a huge upside in Hernandez for an alright second baseman and a washed up pitcher. That's why this is a bad trade.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
              And you're the guy that knows not a damn thing about baseball.
              Oh that's right, I forgot everyone here actually knows more and is smarter than people with real jobs in major league front offices
              STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Oh that's right, I forgot everyone here actually knows more and is smarter than people with real jobs in major league front offices
                Hey now tons of GM's/baseball people on this board

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                  ok "Erick"
                  I said that when it was just Gordon for Heaney. C'mon.
                  --------------------
                  Kike is basically Donovan Solano with slightly more upside
                  Not really
                  Last edited by Erick; 12-10-2014, 06:20 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Yep, being happy for a move just for the sake of a move is exactly what we should do.
                    --------------------
                    Joe Frisaro @JoeFrisaro
                    As part of deal #Marlins also are receiving another player, perhaps a Minor Leaguer
                    Last edited by MiamiHomer; 12-10-2014, 06:21 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
                      I'm not impossible to please. I like Dee Gordon as a player. I think he's a good version of Emilio Bonifacio and that is a good player to have on a roster. I'm not saying he's a replacement level player here. He is good. But he's not good enough to waste every fucking piece of leverage you had to acquire. If this was Disco + Hatcher + Barnes for just Gordon, I'd be ok with it.

But it's not. It's our best prospect, #18 overall in baseball with those above pieces (minus Disco) and a player that has a huge upside in Hernandez for an alright second baseman and a washed up pitcher. That's why this is a bad trade.
                      Kike Hernandez is a younger Donovan Solano. What is the point of have 2 of them? Now if Kike was a younger Stanton I would said right but he isn't. No point in have 2 of the same guy especially when they love Solano.

Gordon is exactly what they have been looking for-a 2B who can leadoff and move Yelich to #2 spot

Comment

• Originally posted by BigGameFish View Post
                        Smarter than this FO? 100%. Not even close.

Comment

• @JeffPassan: Exec on Dodgers haul: "Easily the most lopsided of the offseason." Good RP in Hatcher, versatile Hernandez, solid prospects Heaney/Barnes.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigGameFish View Post
                            Because this front office has a stellar history...

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                              Kike Hernandez is a younger Donovan Solano.
                              Speaking of baseball people

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                                Speaking of baseball people
                                Speaking of people with real jobs in the FO. Here is the special assistant now

I know I know-Kike your favorite player

Comment

Working...
                                X