Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marlins Trade Heaney, Hernandez, Barnes, Hatcher to Dodgers for Gordon, Haren, Rojas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Volstad, Brett Sinkbiell, Ryan Tucker, Sean West, and Gaby Hernandez (all pitchers) were once our #1-4 overall prospects. Yeah, im tired of crossing my fingers for pitchers to develop.
    STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• I got my angst out so now I feel nothing. Just wait and see until what happens with Gordon.

That Haren shit is shit though.

Comment

• I feel like we've had more success with young SP than the majority of the league, so that's weird.

Anyway, Haren not retiring kinda fucks us some right?

Comment

• Haren not retiring means that $10 million goes towards him, yeah. Plus we're stuck with a shitty pitcher in the rotation. And I mean like worse than Koehler shitty.

Comment

• This Bob Nightengale guy sounds not real. He just mumbles in a completely monotone everything. I like when he starts a sentence with "Interestingly..." and is clearly not the least bit interested. I feel like he might not be awake.

Comment

• Haren 2013 4.09fip 3.67xfip
              Haren 2014 4.09fip 3.70xfip

Comment

• After spending $130 million less than the average MLB team on payroll over the last two seasons, they still need to sell prospects for cash in order to be $10 million less than the 28th payroll in baseball.

I think that's a very, very bad sign for their chances of sustaining a $100 million payroll down the road, which is what they'll need to do once Stanton actually starts making real money.

Either the ownership group doesn't have the capital or the market can't sustain a legitimate major-league franchise, but either one should be a concern moving forward.

It remains ridiculous how low this team's projected payroll is.
                poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Beef View Post
                  This Bob Nightengale guy sounds not real. He just mumbles in a completely monotone everything. I like when he starts a sentence with "Interestingly..." and is clearly not the least bit interested. I feel like he might not be awake.
                  Me being a paramedic... He kinda sounds short of breath.

Comment

• Haren's last good season was with the Angels in 2011. Since then, he's been mediocre to bad. That Nationals season was bad pitching + bad luck.

Comment

• Boys, Hugg is doing some grave yard shift number crunching.

Comment

• Dodgers are flipping Heaney to the Angels, apparently.
                        --------------------
                        For Howie Kendrick. Dodgers are not playing.
                        Last edited by Miamarlin21; 12-10-2014, 11:13 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Heaney to the Angels lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                            Boys, Hugg is doing some grave yard shift number crunching.
                            I mean those numbers aren't that bad, right? They're not great, but I feel like maybe some people are acting like Haren is Brad Hand or some shit.

I don't think we want him to pitch, but he's not awful.

Comment

• Does that mean we got trolled???

Comment

• Barnes and Heaney for Kendrick.
                                LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Working...
                                X