Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marlins Trade Heaney, Hernandez, Barnes, Hatcher to Dodgers for Gordon, Haren, Rojas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, yeah, cause Loriaz.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
      I don't hate this deal nearly as much as many do.

There is whining when we trade MLB ready talent for prospects.

Today we got MLB ready talent for prospects.

If they add one more bat, we start the season with a reasonable expectation to grab one of the wild card spots.
      If they add one more bat and call it an offseason, this team is going nowhere fast.

Comment

• Jeff Passan @JeffPassan · 1h 1 hour ago
        Another evaluator prefers the Marlins' haul, saying Dee Gordon is a + 2B who steals bases while players going to Dodgers quantity > quality.

Jeff Passan @JeffPassan · 1h 1 hour ago
        Andrew Heaney in particular is a polarizing player. Marlins were down on him, and some don't see him as much more than a back-end starter.
        not presenting these at things I agree with (maybe the 2nd)
        --------------------
        Hatcher got traded while on that military tour, so that's kinda awkward and hilarious.
        Last edited by HUGG; 12-10-2014, 10:53 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Rojas is a GREAT defensive infielder. I saw him for a year or so with the Reds in the minors and was always highly regarded for his glove. He can play all over the infield.
          LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
            It's not the fact they traded for money, it's the appearance that the reason they made this trade over any other potential trades, the reason they got Haren in return, and the reason they gave up as much as they did, is because of the money they were getting was better here than in other situations. Couple that with the already notorious reputation of this ownership and you have something that just seems fishy. Granted, it's not a salary dump and Gordon is an upgrade over Solano and Dietrich but it just seems as if the club settled because the Dodgers were willing to give $12.5 million.
            --------------------
            Reckless prediction: If Morneau gets traded here, Dietrich goes to Colorado.
            Morneau for Dietrich and an arm would be cool with me.
            --------------------
            Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
            Rojas is a GREAT defensive infielder. I saw him for a year or so with the Reds in the minors and was always highly regarded for his glove. He can play all over the infield.
            Yeah, but Solano.
            Last edited by Erick; 12-10-2014, 10:55 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• So "some don't see him as much more than a back-end starter" all but confirms that Heaney hurt his stock with his MLB numbers last season.

Comment

• Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
                It's not the fact they traded for money, it's the appearance that the reason they made this trade over any other potential trades, the reason they got Haren in return, and the reason they gave up as much as they did, is because of the money they were getting was better here than in other situations. Couple that with the already notorious reputation of this ownership and you have something that just seems fishy. Granted, it's not a salary dump and Gordon is an upgrade over Solano and Dietrich but it just seems as if the club settled because the Dodgers were willing to give $12.5 million.
                --------------------
                Reckless prediction: If Morneau gets traded here, Dietrich goes to Colorado.
                If it's about the appearance, whatever, I don't care. We don't know what else was available and we don't know the reasoning. I just don't think they gave up that much (which isn't to say that got a lot either). And even if they gave up more because of the money, which would make sense, maybe it was worth it for that money.

Comment

• I think it was more than his numbers. His stuff just isn't impressive. I remember thinking he looked like a soft-tossing long reliever, not a rotation ace. No great pitches. But he's still young, left handed, and big, so he will probably develop into no worse than a decent starter one day. But that's a guy to get rid of now rather than later.
                  STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• Rojas hit .181/.242/.221 and had a 1.0bWAR and 0.5fWAR in 85 games/162pa.

for those who needed more evidence about WAR being a little stupid

I don't care if he was Omar Vizquel crossed with Ozzie Smith, that's stupid

Comment

• @markasaxon: Haren says he will "evaluate my options carefully before making any decisions," about whether to go to Miami or retire

-------------
                      Who turns down 10 mill?
                      Last edited by kusch; 12-10-2014, 11:06 PM.

Comment

• has anyone made a lazy joke about going to Miami to retire yet? I don't feel like re-reading the whole thread

Comment

• I mean, it all depends on what Heaney becomes. It appears bad because you gave up your biggest piece for a slap hitter who can't get on base. But, at the same time, you may have just traded a bottom-line starter and couple of guys for a cheap, all-star core piece. I mean, if he ends up being the player he was in the first half, then we win this trade regardless of what we gave up. Obviously it's about both 2015 and beyond and so this may be a guy who helps this club win next season and in future seasons. He may also be a shitty hitter and the reason why we're out of "depth" in the starting rotation.

Who knows? If Dee Gordon can just get on base more than he'll be good. He'll hit his triples and he'll steal his bases. I like him. I just don't know if he'll be any better than what he was this past year.

--------------------
                          Originally posted by HUGG View Post
                          has anyone made a lazy joke about going to Miami to retire yet? I don't feel like re-reading the whole thread
                          Christ, how did we miss this?
                          Last edited by thatnewguy; 12-10-2014, 11:03 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                            If they add one more bat and call it an offseason, this team is going nowhere fast.

This might be my sig in late September and I hate sigs

Comment

• Daft is too busy being Officer Optimism.

Bobbob is Namaste.

Namaste is The Don.

The Don loves Joe Girardi.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                                I hate sigs
                                They are bad for your health.

I'll see myself out.

Comment

Working...
                                X