Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marlins Trade Heaney, Hernandez, Barnes, Hatcher to Dodgers for Gordon, Haren, Rojas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This trade is trash.

Comment

• A "free" Dan Haren should have some good trade value.
      --------------------
      Originally posted by dim View Post
      Were they pitching? Because I don't think they pitched for one of the worst rotations this team has ever put out there. Mark Hendrickson was our opening day starter. Rick VandenHurk was our #2 and Nolasco our #3.

That's not a real argument.
      That's true.
      Last edited by BigGameFish; 12-10-2014, 07:49 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
      STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• I feel like Barnes could do the same thing as Gordon except steal bags. But what ever. They better have a plan beyond this. I'm sick of these dumb moves.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigGameFish View Post
          A "free" Dan Haren should have some good trade value.

Is this ironic?

poop

Comment

• This was a funny comment from a Dodger's fan on a different board:

"Are u damn serious trade an all star 2b for a sack of shit named heany? We are gonna freaking suck next year. The people running our team are complete assholes. Unbelievable!"

Lol
            --------------------
            This was a funny comment from a Dodger's fan on a different board:

"Are u damn serious trade an all star 2b for a sack of shit named heany? We are gonna freaking suck next year. The people running our team are complete assholes. Unbelievable!"

Lol
            Last edited by BigGameFish; 12-10-2014, 08:01 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
            STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• No, the only way Dan Haren has value is if he's paying me personally $10 million.

Comment

• Fans always over value their own guys. Still a dumb trade. But shrug.

There has to be more moves coming or something though. Oh well to hatcher and Hernandez. Barnes hurts a bit. They must have seen something in Heaney to think he wasn't going to cut it.

PR wise Marlins can spin it to the average idiot fan will see headline as "Marlins acquire All Star 2b and veteran SP Dan Haren" for the guy who struggled badly in the big leagues last year and 3 other guys who weren't going to make much of an impact of the team"

A free Haren if you can convince him to play and go out and use that $$ to sign price (I know not happening)

That's a better team 2015 than making no move?

Comment

• Haren's probably not better than Koehler. Not sure what value he has.
                  poop

Comment

• lol

F
                    --------------------
                    Oh I just skimmed the thread and laughed again that Nicolino is valued over Heaney

But just saw Dodgers covering Harens money. So this is a C if he pitches and doesn't retire because that's actually a little clever and still allows them to sign Headley which saves the non-Stanton offseason
                    Last edited by lou; 12-10-2014, 08:38 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• http://www.fangraphs.com/projections...players=l19290

Comment

• I like that we have a dependable team (i.e. not a year-to-year fill in) at all positions except third, first, and catcher. I would like to see them give Realmuto a chance to play at catcher and possibly develop into a consistent player for us at the position. If that's the case, acquiring a first baseman with power would be ideal. I'm not excited for another season of McGehee.
                        --------------------
                        Originally posted by lou View Post
                        lol

F
                        --------------------
                        Oh I just skimmed the thread and laughed again that Nicolino is valued over Heaney

But just saw Dodgers covering Harens money. So this is a C if he pitches and doesn't retire because that's actually a little clever and still allows them to sign Headley which saves the non-Stanton offseason
                        Headley to third, Casey to first? I'd dig it.
                        --------------------
                        Barry Jackson of Miami Herald:

"Before we get to Dolphins items from Wednesday, five thoughts on the Marlins' acquisition of second baseman Dee Gordon and pitcher Dan Haren for pitchers Andrew Heaney and Chris Hatcher, second baseman Kike Hernandez and catcher/infield prospect Austin Barnes:
                        ### There's a lot to like about Gordon. He led the NL with 64 steals last season (in 83 attempts). He hit .289 and was effective against both lefties (.295) and right-handers (.287). His batting average ranked fourth among qualifying second basemen... He led the NL with 12 triples, and might hit even more in cavernous Marlins Park, with its spacious gaps... He was fifth in the NL with 176 hits.... He batted .314 with runners on base, .306 with runners in scoring position. He's still young (26). He's under team control through 2018.
                        ### Concerns? Everyone will point to the .314 career on base average, including .326 last season. He doesn't walk as much as you would like for a leadoff hitter (31 in 609 plate appearances)... He hit .228 in 87 games and .234 in 38 games in 2012 and 2013.... His 12 errors were tied for second most among National League second basemen.
                        ### Gordon has hit better at Marlins Park than any other ballpark, albeit in a limited sample size: 9 for 15 (with four steals).
                        ### Haren said last month that he would retire if the Dodgers didn't keep him and as of 8 p.m. tonight, the Marlins hadn't been informed whether he would pitch for them next season. But the Marlins won't have to pay a dime regardless. As colleague Clark Spencer reported, the Dodgers agreed to pay his $10 million salary in the final year of his contract.
                        Haren was 13-11 with a 4.02 ERA last season and batters hit .252 against him. A right-hander, Haren actually fared far better against left-hander hitters (.226) than righties (.279). He pitched better for the Dodgers last season than he did for Washington in 2013, when he went 10-14 with a 4.67 ERA.
                        ### Though Heaney --- the ninth overall pick of the 2012 draft --- was the Marlins' best pitching prospect, they had no conviction that he would be able to help them next season and the Marlins want to win now. And though his minor league numbers were very good (19-11, 2.77), he struggled in seven appearances with the Marlins (0-3, 583).
                        As for the others, Chris Hatcher throws hard, but the Marlins see more upside in Carter Capps as a set-up man to Steve Cishek. Barnes had become an intriguing prospect because of his ability to play multiple positions and his bat (.304, 13, 57 in Class A and AA last season). Hernandez, who hit .248 between the Marlins and Astros, would have been the front-runner to start at second base if the Marlins hadn't acquire Dee.
                        ### The view here? I would have prefered the Marlins use Heaney as a carrot to land a run-producing first baseman, but this move still makes sense, whether Haren pitches or not. Gordon will give the Marlins their best second baseman since Dan Uggla during his prime --- albeit a vastly different player than Uggla --- and he's clearly better than Hernandez. Haren, meanwhile, would slot in nicely as a solid No. 3 or No. 4 starter (for free) if he eschews retirement. If he doesn't, Miami can still sign a veteran starter.
                        Obviously, how this trade is judged will hinge largely on what Heaney becomes. But the Marlins didn't have enough confidence to project him as a rotation piece in 2015."

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sport...#storylink=cpy
                        Last edited by BigGameFish; 12-10-2014, 08:47 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                        STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• So let me get this straight...if Haren retires, we get nothing else? And it's those 4 guys for Gordon straight up? Seriously?
                          Originally posted by Madman81
                          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Well now we know why they gave them so much.

@clarkspencer Dodgers will pay Marlins $10M whether or not Haren retires Also paying Gordon's projected $2.5M

clarkspencer @clarkspencer
                            #Marlins intend to take $$$ they receive from #dodgers and spend it on first baseman and starter.

Comment

• Does anyone realize Haren has an 86 ERA+ and averages just 177 innings over the last three seasons? Why is anyone talking about him like he might be a good addition?
                              poop

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                                So let me get this straight...if Haren retires, we get nothing else? And it's those 4 guys for Gordon straight up? Seriously?
                                I was just going to say the same thing...

Comment

Working...
                                X