Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marlins Trade Heaney, Hernandez, Barnes, Hatcher to Dodgers for Gordon, Haren, Rojas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are you fucking kidding me

Comment

• Jones-Gordon-Hech-McGehee, which is the projected infield right now, hit 19 home runs last season.

Comment

• clarkspencer
        @clarkspencer
        Hearing that #dodgers, as part of trade with #Marlins, agreed to pay Haren's $10 million. So Haren is a "free pitcher" for #Marlins.

Comment

• The year our infield hit 25 homers each we didn't win anything
          STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• People keep saying Dee Gordon is a leadoff hitter. Yes, he can leadoff. Anyone can lead off. Dee Gordon should NOT lead off. He had an amazing .326 OBP last year with an unsustainable BABIP.

For the last fucking time Marlins, SPEED =/= "leadoff hitter". Surprised these fuckers havent offered Usain Bolt a free agent contract.
            Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
            Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
            Noah Perio
            Jupiter
            39 AB
            15 H
            0 2B
            0 3B
            0 HR
            0 BB
            .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Originally posted by BigGameFish View Post
              The year our infield hit 25 homers each we didn't win anything

Comment

• Yeah. HR numbers aren't that important when you have at least 75 coming from your outfield. Yes, it would be nice to have improved power at 3B but you don't really need Hanley Ramirez/Dan Uggla numbers coming from SS and 2B. It'd be great to have speed + OBP guys but, eh, Gordon and Hech aren't really that either.

Comment

• I don't think they made this trade to fill our "lead off"
                  Hitter void
                  STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• Let's see what the outcome of this deal is. If we make playoffs, it's a success. I'm not enamored by the deal but I trust our FO.

Comment

• for those WAR lovers on this board, Gordan was 10th among second basemen last season
                      STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• Free. Makes sense now.
                        "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                        - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

for those WAR lovers on this board, Gordan was 10th among second basemen last season
                          There are 30 starting second baseman. And, the majority of that 3.1 fWAR was earned in the first half where he played out of his god damn mind. The second half, Gordon was closer to his 2012 and 2013 numbers and that's what concerning. Four walks and an OBP below .300 is not good--especially for what you had to give to get him.
                          --------------------
                          Yelich still has to be leading off, right? RIGHT?
                          Last edited by thatnewguy; 12-10-2014, 07:31 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Oh my god.

Comment

• So, Haren is free. I mean, he would've been anyway on account of, you know, him not playing next season and all.

Comment

Were they pitching? Because I don't think they pitched for one of the worst rotations this team has ever put out there. Mark Hendrickson was our opening day starter. Rick VandenHurk was our #2 and Nolasco our #3.

That's not a real argument.

Comment

Working...
                                X