No announcement yet.

IT'S OFFICIAL: Marlins, Giancarlo Stanton Agree to 13 Year/$325 Million Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I blame MLB as much as Loria for letting him have a 2nd team in the first place.
    Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
    Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
    Noah Perio
    Jupiter
    39 AB
    15 H
    0 2B
    0 3B
    0 HR
    0 BB
    .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
      Shut the fuck up tjfla.

So looks like a 1 year and traded at the deadline or offseason.
      I think you're in love with tj.

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
        I'd rather do a protest that doesn't give Loria money. Kind of defeats the purpose. "Treat us like shit, but don't worry, we'll still come."

We're all stuffing our faces outside the stadium before the game.

Smuggling whiskey in to the stadium (clear plastic flasks) so no booze and parking in $10 no blockie.

So $13 a person for cheap seats. That's not giving much money to Loria.

Cost of doing business.

Comment

That's how I justify breaking the embargo.

Comment

Money from buying tickets on stub hub go to the ticket seller, correct? That's a way you can get tickets without directly support Loria (not to mention you get seats much cheaper).

That's what I do anyway.

Comment

MLB gets a fee from SH tickets so Loria still gets a small cut.

Comment

@JonHeymanCBS: marlins gm jennings says talks r ongoing with giancarlo. says there's no timetable. is there hope? "Time will tell."
                Twitter

Comment

Spoiler:
                  he gone
                  Originally posted by Madman81
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by Party On (Next Year) View Post
                    MLB gets a fee from SH tickets so Loria still gets a small cut.
                    Hmm. Well, still less than he'd get for a full ticket price.

Comment

For what it's worth:

PHOENIX — It is the offseason so, of course, we are talking about Giancarlo Stanton.

But rather than concocting trades that take Stanton away from Miami, the discussion surrounds how high will the Marlins go to lock up their star long-term.
                      Negotiations are ongoing, and Miami GM Dan Jennings told me, “There’s only one hope — we want to sign him.”

As I reported last month, the Marlins were aware and comfortable that it would take an average salary probably in the $28 million-to-$30 million range to secure arguably the foremost power hitter in the game on a long-term deal.

A veteran agent noted that when both sides are talking as openly about trying to get a pact done as the Marlins and Stanton have, the pact usually gets done. “It generally means there are good feelings on both sides and momentum,” the agent said.

There remains uncertainty if Stanton fully trusts Marlins ownership. He was critical of the sell-off following the 2012 season that, among others, sent Jose Reyes and Mark Buehrle to Toronto.

In the big picture, that trade actually better positioned Miami to be a stronger team moving forward. That has become clear to Stanton. But he probably needs further comfort and likely the first no-trade clause ever given under the ownership of Jeffrey Loria.
                      Clearly, though, the relationship is in a good place at present between star and team.

“From Day 1 of spring training, [Stanton] took ownership of the club,” Jennings said. “He exhibited tremendous leadership qualities in the way he handled himself and how he exerted himself in the clubhouse. And, obviously, his numbers were there.”

Beyond getting Stanton signed, Jennings said the Marlins would like to either sign or trade for a veteran starter to help stabilize the rotation while ace Jose Fernandez completes his rehab from Tommy John surgery. The righty is due back in June or July.
                      The Marlins also would like a mid-order bat that would protect Stanton by hitting cleanup or hitting third with Stanton moving to cleanup.
                      http://nypost.com/2014/11/10/the-gia...-marlins-turn/
                      --------------------
                      He gone.
                      Last edited by marlinsfan24; 11-10-2014, 07:02 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                          Spoiler:
                        he gone
                          Spoiler:
                        he gone
                        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

At least they're aware that he would require between $28-$30MM.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                            At least they're aware that he would require between $28-$30MM.
                            They misunderstood "average salary probably in the $28 million-to-$30 million range" to mean "$28 to $30 million dollar total package"
                            --------------------
                            They thought lifetime seats in the Clevelander would count toward his AAV
                            --------------------
                            They figured that they could pay him in shekels
                            --------------------
                            They intend to pay $25 million of his salary in the form of Ruby Tuesday gift cards
                            Last edited by emkayseven; 11-10-2014, 08:18 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Reading that post gave me the same reaction as watching Dane Cook tell jokes.

Comment

I can't believe it kept happening

Comment

Working...
                                X