IT'S OFFICIAL: Marlins, Giancarlo Stanton Agree to 13 Year/$325 Million Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't believe this is happening.

Frisaro also reporting the fences are coming in.

Comment

• holy shit

he's going to hit 50 bombs
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• I never thought I'd see this day.

Is this real life?

Comment

• WGW

Comment

• Originally posted by Party On (Next Year) View Post
            I can't believe this is happening.

Frisaro also reporting the fences are coming in.
            Lol seriously? Thank god.

Comment

• Well I'll be jiggered

Comment

• I have mixed feelings about the fences being moved in, but no complaints today.
                poop

Comment

• As long as it stays neutral or slightly pitching leaning, I'm fine with it. I don't want some bullshit hr park.

Hard to imagine they can even move them enough to make the latter happen anyway though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                    I have mixed feelings about the fences being moved in, but no complaints today.
                    What's the downside?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                      What's the downside?
                      I'm not sure there's really any downside or upside. It impacts both teams.

However, I do think there might be some added value in playing up the pitching staff's strengths. You already have dudes like Jose, Henderson and Cosart that surpress home runs, and I like the idea of taking that to an extreme level.

But ultimately, if it was a condition of Stanton re-signing, I have no complaints.
                      poop

Comment

• I think making the park fair to left field should be the objective. 10 feet is a good number.

Comment

• Guys, make another thread for that debate.

WOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

LeBetard not discussing trade.

He went from Canes talk to Heat talk

Comment

• The fences coming in is great for Stanton/Ozuna/Yelich/McGehee. The fences coming in is a major "Oh Shit" for Tom Koehler, Jarred Cosart, and Anthony Desclafani. I'm with bobbob that it's mixed feelings, but you take the good with the bad. Possible 50 home run seasons from Stanton depending on how far in they move the LF fence, and possible high ERA's from some of our starting pitchers who benefited from our deep park last season.

Comment

• The Marlins have agreed to a 13-year, 325 million contract with Giancarlo Stanton that includes an opt-out after six years and a full no-trade clause.
                              Speaking by telephone to my colleague Clark Spencer, Loria called it "a landmark day. It means everything to the franchise. We have a face of the franchise for the next 13 years.
                              I expect him to be a Marlin for 13 years. We are going to be surrounding him, we have already started to surround him, with all-star caliber players and there will be more."
                              Regarding the opt out after six years, Loria said: "I tend to be very positive and I would expect he would be as excited then as he is now."
                              Why did Stanton agree to this? "He obviously saw last year that the franchise was serious about winning and serious about doing great things in the new stadium," Loria said. "I talked to him this afternoon just after all the tests were completed. He passed with flying colors. I'm thrilled. What can I tell you? He's a wonderful young guy and he's a talent."
                              How can a team like the Marlins afford this? "We can afford it," Loria said. "We are going to surround him with an improved lineup as well. We need another bat in this lineup that can help him out."
                              In closing, Loria said: "I did this for the city, the fans, for Giancarlo, our team, for myself and for baseball."

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sport...#storylink=cpy
                              Twitter

Comment

• I joker smiled
                                Originally posted by Madman81
                                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Working...
                                X