No announcement yet.

IT'S OFFICIAL: Marlins, Giancarlo Stanton Agree to 13 Year/$325 Million Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta love that they will put a competitive team around him,well that is until Cishek is traded for "finances" I mean Prospects

Comment

• Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
      The Dodgers didn't give Greinke or Kershaw a no-trade clause and are adamant about not giving them out.

On top of that, the Marlins FO has stressed over and over again he'll be back for the next 2 years.

This sounds like more BS.
      That was the old FO-the new guy Friedman would for the right guy.

U know just like the Marlins have a NO Trade clause and they just gave him it

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
        Looks like its all but done. They gave him a FULL No Trade Clause

Start the Parade
        No offense but I'll believe it when I see it.

Comment

• Stanton was literally the player that if he ended up leaving Miami would have potentially ruined my rooting interest for the Marlins. I know that's stupid but Stanton was the first player I started following really closely in the minors as I got more and more into Marlins and their system. I remember telling CC and my dad basically every time Stanton did something awesome in the minors and that was quite often.

Comment

• @JonHeymanCBS
            Follow
            there's agreement on terms between stanton & marlins, at $325M, 13 yrs. just working on language. http://cbsprt.co/1qIYNIv
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
              Gotta love that they will put a competitive team around him,well that is until Cishek is traded for "finances" I mean Prospects
              So are you saying trading a solid, but far from spectacular closer instead of paying him means they don't want to put a competitive team around Stanton?

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                @JonHeymanCBS
                Follow
                there's agreement on terms between stanton & marlins, at $325M, 13 yrs. just working on language. http://cbsprt.co/1qIYNIv

Comment

• So will this lessen the blow when Boras asks for Kershaw money for Jose Fernandez and the Marlins trade/let him go.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                    So will this lessen the blow when Boras asks for Kershaw money for Jose Fernandez and the Marlins trade/let him go.
                    Luckily that isn't an issue for five more years. Get a few awesome years of JFern hopefully and then we'll deal with the sadness of having to let him go at the prime of his career

But for now we can be happy that we have Stanton for a few more years at least.

Comment

• I do not like this JFern name

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                        So will this lessen the blow when Boras asks for Kershaw money for Jose Fernandez and the Marlins trade/let him go.
                        Pitchers are so volatile that I'm way more okay with potentially losing Fernandez than Stanton.

4 years ago JJ and Kershaw were neck and neck. JJ might have even been better. And now JJ is ded.

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                          @JonHeymanCBS
                          Follow
                          It's too unbelievable to believe
                          --------------------
                          Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                          Pitchers are so volatile that I'm way more okay with potentially losing Fernandez than Stanton.

4 years ago JJ and Kershaw were neck and neck. JJ might have even been better. And now JJ is ded.
                          but it does bring up just how stupid we were to not wait 2 weeks to call him up
                          Last edited by nny; 11-14-2014, 04:37 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Maury Brown's head is going to explode. He's still trying to shit on all this.

Comment

• Originally posted by nny View Post
                              but it does bring up just how stupid we were to not wait 2 weeks to call him up
                              Very dumb. But still.

Comment

• That 2 weeks thing will piss all us off forever and even moreso when we get closer to 2019.

Comment

Working...
                                X