• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Volstad and Gaby Sanchez to Rejoin the Marlins

via Clark Spencer's twitter
    Originally posted by Matt Wilson
    Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
    Tom Koehler(4-0)
    AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Gaby wasn't in the lineup for NOLA today so I figured he was coming back and Fredi basically said Volstad would be back when he was sent down. Not a shock.

Alejandro de Aza was also not in the lineup for NOLA today and he was up earlier this year. I wouldn't be surprised if he's coming back as well.

Comment

The bench should be very pleased with this decision. Finally has someone to warm it up all game...

/@ Fredi, not Gaby

Comment

Volstad got racked from what I heard, something like 3 or 4 Hr's allowed

Comment

If the FO wanted Gaby to start, they would tell Fredpuppet to start him. Comes from the top, not the bottom (manager)

Comment

Originally posted by Big Z View Post
            Volstad got racked from what I heard, something like 3 or 4 Hr's allowed
            2 HR's, a solo shot and a two run homer. He also struck out 7 and pitched two scoreless innings two finish his night.

Comment

Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
              and pitched two scoreless innings two finish his night.

Comment

dont want to make a thread for one post, so i put it here
                Stanton went 2-4 with 2 HR(28th on the year) with 6rbis
                Dominguez had a good game 2-4 with 1rbi
                and Elih Villanueva made his 1st AA start 5.0inn, 3er 4 h 2k/1bb
                Originally posted by Matt Wilson
                Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
                Tom Koehler(4-0)
                AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

I've said it before and I'll say it again: if we're going to give any of the kids a chance to win a job in the spring (as in, they come in, they hit, they stay no matter what) then they need to be up here now. Period, end of story (and I'm looking more at Logan than anyone else, but it's certainly applicable to Stanton too).

Even if they don't play (though they probably should) they need to be up if we have their ETA as April 2010.

Comment

Jacksonville is in the playoffs so I don't see any of them getting called up soon. I think they would only call up guys like Stanton and Morrison if we are out the playoffs by the time Jacksonville finishes theirs. That's not very likely so I doubt we see any of the kids.

Comment

Brendan Donnelly has also been activated from the DL.

Comment

Working...
                      X