X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Morse time!

Comment

• Hopefully Chase Headley is next on the list.

Comment

• This is the first time in the history of this board, even dating back to the old site, that I have seen so much discussion about extending the contracts of current players. I like it and I hope it's a trend that sticks around.

I agree on Yelich.

I think from watching Oz for the first 10 months of his MLB career, he seems to get better and better at the plate. I think he still has room to increase his power numbers, and if that's the case I think he's then a rare commodity (great defense and power bat in center that covers a lot of ground) we have to lock up.

I still want to see more of Alvarez to make sure he's going to keep that ball down and deliver consistently as he did this year.

And because there isn't much great talent at SS, I like Hech and also think he has room to improve and, like Ozuna, has shown steady improvement each month since he's been in the bigs.

These guys are all still getting better i think, and I suppose that's the reason why the club would target them as the ones to lock up now.

Again, really happy to even be able to discuss this kind of stuff about the Marlins for the first time in my life.
        STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• The Marlins' attempts to sign free agent first baseman Adam LaRoche were thwarted tonight when he agreed to a two-year, $25 million deal with the White Sox, according to USA Today.

The Marlins had offered LaRoche two years and $20 million, but the LaRoche camp had made clear that he wanted more than that. LaRoche was the Marlins' top choice among free agent first basemen. The Marlins had some interest in Michael Cuddyer, who signed with the Mets, but didn't want to approach the Mets' two-year, $21 million offer.

Michael Morse is still unsigned and could be a possibility. A trade is also an option.

The Marlins would like to upgrade over Garrett Jones at first base but might not be able to. Another internal option is second baseman Derek Dietrich, who recently got instructional league work at first.
          Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sport...#storylink=cpy

Comment

• Nothing could be worse than Dietrich at first. He already had enough balls going his way at second, I would hate to see what he looks like when they're thrown all around him or in the dirt.
            --------------------
            Why didn't we just offer Jose Abreu a little more money last year...
            Last edited by BigGameFish; 11-21-2014, 07:39 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
            STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• Originally posted by BigGameFish View Post
              Nothing could be worse than Dietrich at first. He already had enough balls going his way at second, I would hate to see what he looks like when they're thrown all around him or in the dirt.
              --------------------
              Why didn't we just offer Jose Abreu a little more money last year...
              Can fix Abreu by signing Tomas but that's not gonna happen. If LaRoche was their 1st choice and they weren't willing to go higher on the monetary figure, no chance in hell we get Tomas.

I agree. Please no DD at 1B. I'll take him at 2B though.

Comment

• thank God we didn't get LaRoche

go get Headley

Spoiler:
                or Hanley
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• What would you all think about trading Ozuna for young pitching or a young infielder? If we think we can't extend him and worry about his K/BB rate, maybe it would be a good sell high opportunity?

Comment

• Who plays cf?

I'm not opposed to it for the right return, but I don't even know who would replace him.

Comment

• Our best in-house option would be Austin Wates, unless Kike can play cf regularly. That's creating a massive hole.

Comment

• That's a good point. Yelich has played CF before but I don't know if he'd be good at the position over a full year. I was thinking that, in that scenario, we'd move Yelich to CF, move Ozuna for an asset(s) and fill LF in free agency which seems like a position that would be easier to fill than our current infield woes.

Comment

• I think thinking about trading Ozuna is stupid.

Let's hold on to our 4 WAR CF and see what's in store for him in 2015.

I love watching this guy gun down runners at home.

Comment

• I like Ozuna too, for what it's worth. Just bringing it up for the sake of discussion, I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                              Who plays cf?

Comment

• What a comedy of errors that would be.

Comment

Working...
                                X