Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I mean, if there is one area on this club where there really isn't a whole lot of reason to worry, (besides the outfield), it's the bullpen. I mean, the whole reason we wanted Cishek dealt in the offseason is because we could literally have four guys step in and do that job rather effeciently. Teams are desperate for this kinda pen and although you don't want to overuse them, it certainly helps out the somewhat questionable starting rotation.

Even if the starters are averaging 5-6 innings per start, it's nice to know that you'll be pretty well set up if you're winning after they leave.

Comment

• Yea. The bullpen is absurd. It's really 3 deep. Maybe their 3rd lefty isn't proven, that's it. I honestly wouldn't be insulted if the last 3 guys in the bullpen were Capps, Dyson, and Rienzo/Claiborne. It's highly unlikely any of those 4 crack the team but for injury or Haren trade/retirement.

Cishek, Ramos, Morris, Dunn, Crow, Koehler/Phelps, Hand
      Capps, Dyson, Rienzo, Claiborne, Dayton, Ramsey, Conley (plus McKirahan(ruleV) and Nicolino)
      Non Roster Invitees with MLB experience - Masset, Naverson(L), Mazarro

The great part is 2016 will have the following prices: Cishek ($10+), Dunn ($3.4), Crow ($3+ arb projection), Koelher/Phelps ($2.5+), Morris and Ramos (each $1.5+), Hand (CC). Which they aren't going to pay, but can handle promoting from within. They're not going to miss much of a beat when the bullpen turns over to Ramos/Morris, Dunn, Phelps/Koehler, Capps, Dyson, Hand, and Rienzo/longman. Significant trade assets coming for Cishek, Ramos/Morris, likely the other of Koehler/Phelps, and maybe Crow, to hopefully shore up the infield longterm. All good problems.

SP is my only concern. There is a reason they wanted Peavy and were bidding somewhat aggressively on Shields. They know it. Hopefully they can figure something out here.
      --------------------
      Well middle infield is a concern, but I've just accepted that cannot be improved. Unlike SP which there is hope.
      Last edited by lou; 02-13-2015, 07:56 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Phelps lost arbitration, they went 2/2. Which is truly amazing with these guys even though both (Latos) of those were expected wins.

They are trying to sign Phil Coke to a minor league deal too according to hot stove. Which makes a ton of sense as 2nd/3rd lefty depending on whether they keep Hand or not. This makes me think they are looking to ditch Hand and look for a more traditional reliever as the 2nd lefty (McKirahan, Naverson, etc).

Comment

• Just got Opening Day tickets

Sec 22 Row G Seats 9,10,11

Cum say hi

Common One Time Baby

Comment

• Well I have been hearing what they wanna do with the pen.

They are looking to sign KRod for CHEAP on a 2 yr deal. Cheap is the magical word tho. Then around the Trade Deadline trade 1 of them(if they are out of it) or if they are in the race trade Cishek next offseason and have KRod still to close next year

As for Coke,they want a 2nd Lefty in the pen. In other words just competition. THey want him on a minor league deal and if he wins the job cool but if not o well

Hand is NOT safe as they don't see him as a RP,more than likely he will be dealt for a arm with options before the season

Comment

• I heard a Joba rumbling

Comment

• We have heard the Marlins linked to free agents Francisco Rodriguez and Phil Coke in recent weeks, but CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman hears that they have discussed another veteran arm for their bullpen:

@JonHeymanCBS
                marlins have discussed joba as well as krod, coke (via @JoeFrisaro) & others

The market for Chamberlain has been remarkably quiet this offseason, but some of that has been his own doing. FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal reported late last month that the 29-year-old “has rejected multiple offers from teams he did not want to join.”

Chamberlain had a 3.57 ERA and 59/24 K/BB ratio in 63 innings with the Tigers last season. He might not be an ideal candidate for a set-up role anymore, but he could still be pretty useful.
                http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...a-chamberlain/
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• A RP says to me Phelps is going to be the 5 and they have money not paying Haren to get a veteran reliever to replace him in the pen

Comment

• Could be Crow, they mentioned several times this offseason they were going to stretch him out in ST.
                    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

• THe rotation is(Until Jose back)

Alvarez
                      Latos
                      Cosart
                      Koehler
                      Haren/Hand/Phelps/Rienzo(more a depth guy tho)

The team is still going with Haren wants to be dealt,he is going to ST hoping he is dealt to a west coast team but who the hell knows with him

Hand is being discussed with teams-we want another SP with options

The RP situation is not as bad as people think(actually is a strength) the pen is

Dunn
                      McKirahan/Dayton/Minor League Invite
                      Morris
                      Ramos
                      Crow
                      Dyson/(KRod)
                      Cishek

That means Dyson,Claiborne,Capps,Masset,Mazzaro,Ramsey in AAA

They don't need another RP but they would consider KRod for 2 years
                      Last edited by tjfla; 02-17-2015, 01:34 PM.

Comment

• Absolutely no one thinks the RP situation is bad. In fact we've discussed how it's the team's biggest strength and we'll have 3+ pitchers in AAA capable of being in most bullpens.

Comment

• Listen guys, Stanton isn't as bad as everyone thinks (and actually is kind of good)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                            Listen guys, Stanton isn't as bad as everyone thinks (and actually is kind of good)
                            But the strikeouts....

Comment

• But the dingers

Comment

• The Fish re-signed Reed Johnson to a minor league deal with an invite to big league camp:

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/0...d-johnson.html

Comment

Working...
                                X