Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't understand all the complaining about the rotation looking awful. Haren and Koehler are at least on par with the 5's of the rest of the league. Cosart, Latos and Alverez can match any 2-4 in the league. The only problem with it is there is no ace without Jose.

Comment

• No one is saying it's awful. But it's likely not a top tier rotation. When you're talking about making the playoffs, then you need a top tier team. The only thing we're great in (as well as only thing we have depth in) is the BP

Comment

• Originally posted by nny View Post
        No one is saying it's awful. But it's likely not a top tier rotation. When you're talking about making the playoffs, then you need a top tier team. The only thing we're great in (as well as only thing we have depth in) is the BP
        The Giants and Royals both won under 90 games last season and played in the World Series. It doesn't take as much to be a "top tier" team anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post

The KRod stuff came about because they actually had a deal(heard Toronto) that would have sent Cishek there and used his money on Shields and KRod. Like Olney said he heard we had to top offer
          Rumor is they want KRod to setup Cishek.

At this point in the offseason, if the team has money to spend, I wouldn't mind signing KRod.

Comment

• The Nationals and Mets # 6 SP would be the Marlins # 3 SP. That's why they need a SP.

Here's to Haren having an awesome first half, Jose getting healthy, and Cosart becomes a rock solid 3.
            --------------------
            Originally posted by Erick View Post
            Rumor is they want KRod to setup Cishek.

At this point in the offseason, if the team has money to spend, I wouldn't mind signing KRod.
            Me neither for 1 year why not?

But I don't know who you don't put in the bullpen, unless you just have Dunn as a lefty and boot Hand

Cishek KRod Morris Ramos crow phelps/Koehler Dunn hand. That's 8 and Capps dyson and Claiborne, who would likely be good relievers, in AAA

Does Ramos have an option? He'd love that ha

That Crow deal is mind boggling in hindsight
            Last edited by lou; 02-09-2015, 01:58 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by jay576 View Post
              I don't understand all the complaining about the rotation looking awful. Haren and Koehler are at least on par with the 5's of the rest of the league. Cosart, Latos and Alverez can match any 2-4 in the league. The only problem with it is there is no ace without Jose.
              I can see the argument for Latos-Alvarez being a strong 2 & 3, but Cosart is highly questionable as being a top option as a #4.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                The Nationals and Mets # 6 SP would be the Marlins # 3 SP. That's why they need a SP.

Here's to Haren having an awesome first half, Jose getting healthy, and Cosart becomes a rock solid 3.
                --------------------

Me neither for 1 year why not?

But I don't know who you don't put in the bullpen, unless you just have Dunn as a lefty and boot Hand

Cishek KRod Morris Ramos crow phelps/Koehler Dunn hand. That's 8 and Capps dyson and Claiborne, who would likely be good relievers, in AAA

Does Ramos have an option? He'd love that ha

That Crow deal is mind boggling in hindsight
                The Crow deal makes sense if they see him as a guy who could start in case of injury and Nicolino wasn't ready.

But then they went out and got Phelps who does the same exact thing.
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• @JoeFrisaro: After missing out on Shields, #Marlins are still looking to add. But don't expect them to bid on Moncada b/c of that 100% tax
                  Twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
                    I can see the argument for Latos-Alvarez being a strong 2 & 3, but Cosart is highly questionable as being a top option as a #4.
                    What?

He posted a 3.77 FIP with a .290 BABIP last year in his time with both Houston and the Marlins. He also keeps the ball in the ballpark. How is that a "highly questionable" top option as a No. 4?

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                      The only real trouble is we have virtually no assets to move at the deadline for an upgrade anywhere, and we aren't that deep if we suffer multiple injuries.
                      This is where I'm at.

They went all-in assetwise for a team with a relatively low ceiling, and then either wouldn't or couldn't spend the money to get that last piece that could have pushed them into contention.

It's a little disappointing, to be hones.t
                      --------------------
                      Originally posted by Valid View Post
                      What?

He posted a 3.77 FIP with a .290 BABIP last year in his time with both Houston and the Marlins. He also keeps the ball in the ballpark. How is that a "highly questionable" top option as a No. 4?
                      League average FIP for starters was 3.81. He was 49th among 88 qualified starters and 73rd out of 149 with at least 100 IP. He was fine, but he's an average pitcher.
                      Last edited by Bobbob1313; 02-09-2015, 03:57 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                      poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                        This is where I'm at.

They went all-in assetwise for a team with a relatively low ceiling, and then either wouldn't or couldn't spend the money to get that last piece that could have pushed them into contention.

--------------------

League average FIP for starters was 3.81. He was 49th among 88 qualified starters and 73rd out of 149 with at least 100 IP. He was fine, but he's an average pitcher.
                        Right, but that also puts him right in line for No. 4 status, if not a low-end No. 3. I think calling him a "highly questionable" No. 4 is a bit extravagant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                          This is where I'm at.

--------------------

Right, which is why they needed to sign someone. We don't have the ability to make any "big" trades anymore, unless they're willing to part with Realmuto or Nicolino (I don't think they should do either), so money was the only real asset they had. Not sure what other move they think they can make here.
                          Originally posted by Madman81
                          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Valid View Post
                            Right, but that also puts him right in line for No. 4 status, if not a low-end No. 3. I think calling him a "highly questionable" No. 4 is a bit extravagant.
                            I was a little harsh in my comment, but he's more of a middle-tier 4 to low-end. I don't see him as a 3 at all.

Comment

• Miami Marlins: OK, I'll go ahead and say it. I'm picking the Marlins to be in the World Series. They'll probably have to get into the playoffs as a wild-card team with the powerful Washington Nationals, but they grabbed an ace in Mat Latos, a durable starter in Dan Haren, and rebuilt their infield with Martin Prado, Dee Gordon and Michael Morse. Don't forget, they'll have ace Jose Fernandez back sometime this summer, too.
                              Bob Nightengale- USA Today

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...kemp/23136025/

Comment

• Originally posted by Valid View Post
                                The Giants and Royals both won under 90 games last season and played in the World Series. It doesn't take as much to be a "top tier" team anymore.
                                And Seattle won one game less and sat at home.

Comment

Working...
                                X