Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's going to be a fun season leading up to us missing the 2nd Wild Card spot by 2 games.

Comment

• one time

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
        It's going to be a fun season leading up to us missing the 2nd Wild Card spot by 2 games.
        I'm excited for their trade deadline push when the other teams in the race trade for Hamels and Lee and they trade for Daniel Hudson
        Originally posted by Madman81
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• we'd get mibs back then, so we'd win

Comment

• This was Frisaro's response when someone said Shields got fair market value: http://favstar.fm/t/564791110514405377

Cannot wait to see how he'll spin that in the Marlins favor now.

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
              I'm excited for their trade deadline push when the other teams in the race trade for Hamels and Lee and they trade for Daniel Hudson
              I mean, it appears the Marlins made the best offer, but Shields wanted to play on the west coast. Being upset at the FO over this is silly. Unless, of course, you wanted them to go something like $100 million over five years, which is even sillier.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
                Buster said Marlins possibly had best offer, but he chose to stay home.
                I am fine with this. Can't blame the team if so. Would have liked to see the push it to 4/$88 so he's leaving a bunch on table, but if it's true, great effort for the team.

They better hope Haren pitches

Comment

• Our rotation is still better than average even without Jose. With him it is one of the best as long as Alvarez and Cosart don't tank.

Our lineup is average to slightly above average.

Our pen is way above average.

Hopefully our defense isn't shakey. I'm confident about the outfield but not the infield.

Right now we're probably a fringe playoff team. That's all you can ask for as a fan of pretty much any team in a league where only 5 teams per league make the cut. Maybe only the Nationals feel absolutely more confident about their chances than us. We will really take off if Jose returns to full health by 4/5 through the season.
                  STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• I'm not upset at the FO.

But essentially nothing can go wrong this year if they want a shot at the Wild Card.

Comment

• Marlins only need a 5 starter twice in April if they felt like playing it like that. They've never been a team to skip starts just because a starter is not that good, but if you think about it, Haren is durable and a 1 year guy, Latos is a one year guy, I don't think it would mess with Alvarez and Cosart to start on regular 4 day rest the whole month of April.

Realistically this team just needs to get off to a hot start in April, hold water in May, not be atrocious like usual in June, and then Jose is back.

The only real trouble is we have virtually no assets to move at the deadline for an upgrade anywhere, and we aren't that deep if we suffer multiple injuries.

I still see 82 wins and ~4 games back of a WC spot.
                      Originally posted by Madman81
                      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Here's hoping Shields pulls a CJ Wilson and is nowhere near worth the money he's paid. If he's a 2.5-3 win starter, he's someone who'll put SD over the top.
                        --------------------
                        As for the playoff hopes, we basically need no regression and that is troubling. If Ozuna, Alverez, Koehler, Cosart, Gordon, and Yelich are all the levels they were last year (or better), we're in good shape. Only problem is, everyone of these guys could easily fall back or simply just not be good. Only time will tell.
                        Last edited by thatnewguy; 02-09-2015, 11:42 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• We had a 3 yr offer to him with a mutual option for the 4th yr that would have made it around 70-75 million however Shields WIFE wanted to be in SD so they told SD if they can match that somewhat they would take it. SD gave him the 4th year(even tho the mutual option would have made our deal 4 yr) at pretty much the same cash

The KRod stuff came about because they actually had a deal(heard Toronto) that would have sent Cishek there and used his money on Shields and KRod. Like Olney said he heard we had to top offer

The plan seemed to be sign Shields 3 yr(4th yr option) worth about 80 million,trade Cishek and sign KRod. Loria was willing to pay him

If u want someone to blame- BLAME Ryane Shields

Comment

• Since they seem willing to spend, I wonder if Loria wants the Cuban kid.

Comment

• Originally posted by kusch View Post
                              Since they seem willing to spend, I wonder if Loria wants the Cuban kid.
                              The issue with that is the other teams that want him are willing to spend even more-LAD,NYY

Comment

• Originally posted by nny View Post
                                Cosart instead of Phelps/Crow.

It's hard to be optimistic with that rotation starting the year.

Alvarez, Cosart, and Koehler all were over their heads probably. I mean, they're good pieces in a rotation. But I think Cosart and Alvarez will be more mid 3's ERA instead of low 2's. And Koehler is a solid, young, cheap #5 but him going out and being 2013 form instead of 2014 probably wouldn't surprise anyone.

Latos is coming off injury.

And Haren hasn't been good in years. My assumption, they look at him being bad in his super increase in HR rates since he's still putting up good #'s elsewhere and assume Marlins Park will help him. Here's hoping

Looks so much better when Jose comes back. And would have been amazing with another solid, dependable piece like Shields...
                                I knew I was forgetting someone.

Having Shields would've helped me feel better about that rotation, but if they did make the best offer and he wanted to go home, you can't fault the front office.

Comment

Working...
                                X