Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the K-rod thing is if the Marlins trade Cishek to free up money for Shields. Who knows though.

Comment

• Once Shields officially signs with the Padres, do you guys think trading for Hamels makes sense for the team? Like Emkay pointed out, the team is one pitcher short of being a contender.

Build a package around Realmuto? He's got some value as a top 100 prospect.

Comment

• Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
        Once Shields officially signs with the Padres, do you guys think trading for Hamels makes sense for the team? Like Emkay pointed out, the team is one pitcher short of being a contender.
        Who do we have to give?

Comment

• Originally posted by kusch View Post
          Who do we have to give?
          Not much, honestly. Realmuto and Nicolino would have to headline any package.

Comment

• I can't imagine they sell the farm to the Phillies.

And I don't think Realmuto, Nicolino, Romero/Dietrich, Capps, and Williams/Urena get Hamels and that's absolutely the best 5-some they can offer. They would have to trade bulk without a clear # 1 property to trade.

Comment

• I mean, they're demanding Swihart from the Red Sox and he's considerably better than anything we have to offer.

Comment

• Stanton for Hamels
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• One time?

Comment

• Chris Cotillo ‏@ChrisCotillo 9m9 minutes ago
                    Sources: #Padres in agreement with James Shields on four-year deal. Includes club option for fifth season.

Chris Cotillo ‏@ChrisCotillo 8m8 minutes ago
                    Shields deal is pending a physical. Expected to be in $72-78 million range over four seasons. #Padres
                    it's over (thank fucking god)

Comment

• Some thoughts on the bullpen/K-rod rumors...I kinda thought they were a precursor to them not signing shields in the sense of they knew he wasn't going to sign with them so they're now looking to reallocate some of the would-be Shields money to other areas, and at this point who else is out there that would help the team aside from someone like K-Rod?

Anyway, hopefully Haren doesn't retire. What does that make the rotation right now?

Alvarez
                      Latos
                      Haren
                      Koehler
                      Phelps/Crow
                      ?

Comment

• Cosart instead of Phelps/Crow.

It's hard to be optimistic with that rotation starting the year.

Alvarez, Cosart, and Koehler all were over their heads probably. I mean, they're good pieces in a rotation. But I think Cosart and Alvarez will be more mid 3's ERA instead of low 2's. And Koehler is a solid, young, cheap #5 but him going out and being 2013 form instead of 2014 probably wouldn't surprise anyone.

Latos is coming off injury.

And Haren hasn't been good in years. My assumption, they look at him being bad in his super increase in HR rates since he's still putting up good #'s elsewhere and assume Marlins Park will help him. Here's hoping

Looks so much better when Jose comes back. And would have been amazing with another solid, dependable piece like Shields...
                        Last edited by nny; 02-09-2015, 02:51 AM.

Comment

• That's very unfortunate if the Shields deal is around 4/$75 or whatever. I saw the mention of a 5th year option, and if it vests on innings, that may have been worth passing on. But we'll see. Still tough with such a big need. Rotation is very underwhelming without a healthy Jose.

Comment

• Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN 1m1 minute ago
                            One person involved in the James Shields talks said he had another offer on the table for more than SD's -- a 4 yr., $80m offer
                            Cubs never went past 3 years, per Heyman, so (if this is true) either there was some other team no one knows about in on this or that's us. Weeee.
                            --------------------
                            Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale 18m18 minutes ago
                            James Shields had multiple 4 year offers before choosing the #padres. The #Cubs, a late entrant, offered 3 years and a vesting option.
                            guess it coulda been someone else *shrug*

wish we would have gotten him, but honestly, I'm so glad to not have to hear about him anymore (until May when "imagine if we had Shields" starts)
                            Last edited by HUGG; 02-09-2015, 08:18 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Buster said Marlins possibly had best offer, but he chose to stay home.
                              LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Cant be mad at that, if it's true.

Comment

Working...
                                X