X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
    Who isn't very good.

if the centerpiece of a Stanton deal is a 29 year old outfielder who hit .251/.298/.446 the last 2 years, I'm out
    Not the centerpiece just a bat to replace Stanton. Even tho the FO wants to keep him-if he rejects the offer the only other choice is to deal him and Boston has alot of stuff. LA Dodgers would be high on the list however talk is they won't deal all 3 Top Guys-Pederson,Seager,Urias. If they would it would be those 3 guys,Darnell Sweeney,more and Crawford(with LA paying all/most of his salary)

The Boston deal is more about guys like Henry Owens,Eduardo Rodriguez,Garin Cecchini,Mookie,Xander Boagerts and the other guys they got.

I just dont wanna say the 4/5 young guys because it could be any of them. Cespedes would just be a bat to replace him in the lineup but who knows maybe they ask for more prospects instead and Jones in RF?

Any Stanton deal would be for the young prospects/ML ready guys. We would probably get a bat(Cespedes,Crawford-only if they are paying 95% of his salary) thrown in to replace Stanton

Comment

• i would bet a lot of money that cespedes is not "a throw in" on either side
      poop

Comment

• Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
        Clark Spencer reported the payroll is supposed to be at $60M with us bringing back Cishek and most arbitration players. How do we fit a big FA and a Stanton extension into $60M?
        There is NO way Cishek is back unless we get terrible offers for him. They wanted to deal him at the deadline but since they were in the race still they kept him

Cishek,Dunn,Jones are likely gone

Comment

• Teams clamoring for Garrett Jones

Comment

• What's the deal with Yosmani Tomas?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
              Todd just suggested Michael Cuddyer would be willing to sign here to only play versus left handed pitching, didn't he?
              No, I was asking if thats what people were meaning when they were talking about Cuddyer.
              --------------------
              Originally posted by tjfla View Post
              There is NO way Cishek is back unless we get terrible offers for him. They wanted to deal him at the deadline but since they were in the race still they kept him

Cishek,Dunn,Jones are likely gone
              I have to admit, I admire your perseverance. With your inside information, you have a mind blowing 0% success rate with your predictions. On top of that, you have never been close to getting anything right. Yet you keep coming back, despite consistently being wrong about everything you post, continuing to act like you have the slightest idea what the Marlins FO has planned.

Give it a rest you fucking tool.
              Last edited by Todd; 10-02-2014, 01:54 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
              Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
              Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
              Noah Perio
              Jupiter
              39 AB
              15 H
              0 2B
              0 3B
              0 HR
              0 BB
              .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Todd View Post
                  No, I was asking if thats what people were meaning when they were talking about Cuddyer.
                  --------------------

I have to admit, I admire your perseverance. With your inside information, you have a mind blowing 0% success rate with your predictions. On top of that, you have never been close to getting anything right. Yet you keep coming back, despite consistently being wrong about everything you post, continuing to act like you have the slightest idea what the Marlins FO has planned.

Give it a rest you fucking tool.
                  Well thanks. Your 1 prediction was spot on tho so guess I gotta say can't wait to hear more next year!! Kike looked great at 2B and can't wait to see him starting there next year in front of Solano,Valdespin,Dietrich instead of the 4th OF/UT role

Ya I was way off on the Marlins interest in Houston SP and what they were offering the the deal. I hope next year we trade Marisnick and our Comp Pick in a deal for 1 of there younger pitchers and also was off on Casey McGehee sticking around right?

Comment

• When you throw a bunch of darts at a board some are bound to stick

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                      Well thanks. Your 1 prediction was spot on tho so guess I gotta say can't wait to hear more next year!! Kike looked great at 2B and can't wait to see him starting there next year in front of Solano,Valdespin,Dietrich instead of the 4th OF/UT role

Ya I was way off on the Marlins interest in Houston SP and what they were offering the the deal. I hope next year we trade Marisnick and our Comp Pick in a deal for 1 of there younger pitchers and also was off on Casey McGehee sticking around right?
                      You were right.

Right after mlbtraderumors put it on their site, you told us all about it. What would we do without you?

Comment

• Am I the only one that finds the whole rumor mill thing and people setting out to be the first to break news and all that kind of stuff really fucking weird?

It's like, wait 2 hours and there will be an official press release.

And if it didn't come to be, it was a complete waste of time putting any thought and energy into from a third party perspective.

And it just leads to a lot of fake news looking for hits

Comment

• McGehee is still under club control, so predicting him to be retained is more of a "well, no shit" statement than a prediction to thump your chest about.

And yes, I was wrong about Kike, but when the trade was made, the Marlins middle infield was manned by a combination of Jordany Valdespin, Donovan Solano, Adieny Hechavarria, and Jeff Baker. So I was thinking "hey, young hot bat with some upside, surely he will slide in there somewhere"...more common sense than prediction, really. And correct me if I am wrong, according to your "sources", you said Hernandez would be primarily used in the outfield anyway.
                          Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                          Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                          Noah Perio
                          Jupiter
                          39 AB
                          15 H
                          0 2B
                          0 3B
                          0 HR
                          0 BB
                          .385/.385/.385

Comment

• That and Kike could still be the opening day starter at 2b anyway. Fully expect he'll win the job in spring unless they bring in another Furcallian asshole.

Comment

• If the Marlins keep virtually all of their team together before making a few additions, their projected payroll would be close to $55 million, leaving them without enough to add a high-impact hitter and a cheap fifth starter if they stick with their initial plans to have a payroll at $60 million or slightly higher.

So in order to try to sign perhaps Michael Cuddyer or Michael Morse to play first base and have a little money left, Jeffrey Loria either will need to add a bit more to payroll (which he did last year for Jeff Baker and Carlos Marmol); or the Marlins will need to dump salary, either by finding a team willing to cover part of Garrett Jones’ $5 million salary or Jarrod Saltalmacchia’s $7 million in a trade (good luck with that), trading Steve Cishek or Mike Dunn, who could make $6 million and $2 million in arbitration; or declining the option on catcher Jeff Mathis ($2.1 million), who they value.
                              http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sport...#storylink=cpy

As I've said before, I don't see the value in unloading Salty.

Cishek makes the most sense, and Dunn makes sense too.
                              Originally posted by Madman81
                              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• this thread will only end in tears

Comment

Working...
                                X